Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenancy coming to an end

Good evening all,
    I am a landlord and the tenancy is coming to an end with my current tenants in my property
    I have decided I wan to move on and redecorate and sell.

So I have to serve a notice

Is it a section 21 I need to serve? Or what do I need to serve. Is it 2 months notice ? Google can be a mindfield and so many of these solicitors pop up saying eviction etc.

I just want the guys to vacate my property after the notice. Thats all

Thanks

https://www.gov.uk/evicting-tenants
    I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

I thought evicting is something you do if you have a fall out with the tenants and you are forcing them to leave through the courts etc

I dont wish to evict but just serve a notice of a period of time so they can leave

Comment

A landlord's notice doesn't end the tenancy.

You can serve the notice, the tenant can quite legally chooses not to leave. Your only legal option if you want to make them leave against their wishes is go to court.
        I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Djswift View Post
          I thought evicting is something you do if you have a fall out with the tenants and you are forcing them to leave through the courts etc

I dont wish to evict but just serve a notice of a period of time so they can leave
          Try talking to them.

The problem with most landlord notices is that the default term, two months, is too short for many tenants to accept that they have to move, find somewhere they like, save up to afford it, wait for it to be available and move.

If you give your tenants enough notice (possibly agree to return a deposit or have a rent free month) they might simply accept the reality of the situation and move on.
          If you simply give them notice, it starts things off on a bad footing.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X