• Show
Clear All

• jpkeates
    replied
    Thanks for letting us know the outcome.

Leave a comment:

• mystic08
    replied
    The agents sent me a revised contract with the offending clause omitted. Thank you all!

Leave a comment:

• mystic08
    replied
    You're a star JPKeates. I've emailed the agents with the reference and asked them to remove the clause. 👍

Leave a comment:

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    Avoid dealing with an agent who slips such a clause into a contract.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Google "Foxtons Case".

The clause is unfair and there has been case law to the effect since 2009.
    The clause described is even wider ranging than the unfair clause in that specific agent's contracts.

Leave a comment:

• Hudson01
    replied
    I am not too sure it is unreasonable, i have used a large nationwide estate agent to find me tenants over the years and its all gone fine, if i sold one of my properties to them then i save on the estate agents fees.......... and that same estate agent found the tenant who purchased it (in a roundabout way), good spot though and its something i have not noticed on my tenant find docs but i guess it will be there.

Leave a comment:

• mystic08
    started a topic Letting agency clause

Letting agency clause

I have received a contract today which says " Should you sell the property to a tenant introduced to you by us or to any third party directly or indirectly associated with such tenant during or at any time in the period of 12 months after the tenant ceases to occupy the property, we shall be entitled to a commission of 1% of total sale price, payable on completion."

This is the first time this clause has appeared in my contracts. Am I right in thinking it's unreasonable?

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Is time more important than money?
    by jpucng62
    The property was inspected - although Covid has it effect - but the tenant is entitled to live as they wish during the tenancy. It only became a problem when they failed to bring the property back to the condition they took it in when they left.

I was just amazed that they could so easily...
    27-01-2022, 19:45 PM
  • Is time more important than money?
    by jpucng62
    Just had tenants move out of a property after 2 years. Always paid on time, perfectly pleasant young family who have now bought their own home BUT:

House was grimy - looks like they didn't clean properly in 2 years rather than anything overtly unpleasant
    Garden was left in a mess...
    27-01-2022, 17:20 PM
  • Reply to Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
    by Hooper
    To be honest I picked that rule up on this forum - I've heard it over and over. I'm probably guilty of having repeated it myself! If an error gets repeated enough in a small community it becomes fact!...
    27-01-2022, 19:36 PM
  • Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
    by Piffy
    I use a Letting Agent. Recently the tenants vacated, prior to the tenants leaving when the letting agent did an inspection they advised the tenants that the property would need cleaning before they vacated. The tenants have now left, the place does need a good clean, the Letting Agents have said that...
    27-01-2022, 11:30 AM
    by royw
    Haha, I might just try that one 😁. I hate housework....
    27-01-2022, 18:43 PM
    by JK0
    I thought it would be our fault in some way....
    27-01-2022, 18:30 PM
    by Lawcruncher
    There are those who follow Quintin Crisp: “There is no need to do any housework at all. After the first four years the dirt doesn't get any worse.” Equally, there are those who are obsessive about cleaning. In the middle somewhere is a group who do not feel inclined to take great care of a rented...
    27-01-2022, 18:24 PM
  • Reply to Deducting Cleaning Costs from Deposit
    by Lawcruncher
    There is a lot of misinformation on the internet and in some cases a significant number of people come to believe it. The bank.charges affair was a classic case. Another was the belief that landlord's were obliged to mitigate their loss when a tenant abandons property and owes rent....
    27-01-2022, 18:06 PM
  • Reply to Tenant has moved partner in.
    by ash72
    Most likely, also depending on the age and sex of the children, they will need separate rooms eventually, so wont be a long term T. Get ready to serve notice. I would also check your insurance policy, as I renewed one of my policies recently, and I was just checking if they would still cover me if I...
    27-01-2022, 18:02 PM
  • Tenant has moved partner in.
    by Alison Laws
    My tenant who is 4 months into her tenancy agreement has moved her partner in without permission and Im wondering can use this to issue a new tenancy agreement with his name on it. She isn't the easiest tenant and I would also like to add an agreement break to the new tenancy because of the difficulty...
    27-01-2022, 15:30 PM
Working...
X