Required documentation for new tenants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Required documentation for new tenants

HI, quick question about providing new tenants with the gas safety, electrical safety, EPC etc.

In the interests of the environment and not printing out reams of paper (and the fact that I do not charge any fees), is it OK to email to the tenant and ask them to confirm they have received them?

Does this satisfy the rules that the tenant has received them or is something signed required?

Thanks

I'm sure it satisfies the rules.

Just if you ever seek a possession order, you are up against a judge trying to find any reason not to kick out your tenant. Don't give him one.

https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...culous-judges=
    To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

Just make sure that you have a written agreement with the tenant that emails can be used to serve notices and documents and get them to sign a separate sheet listing all the documents theyve received by email

Comment

Ah, ok- that sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Use paper.
          Everyone understands it.

Use a printer with recyclable cartridges.
          Thats about as environmentally friendly as you can get.
          When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
          Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X