Waiting for landlord reply..

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Waiting for landlord reply..

    Hi guys, Is 5 days enough time for a landlord to decide whether or not to let a property out to a potential tenant?

    ​As we have been waiting that long now after all the referencing checks have been passed with homelet and now the landlord hasn't got back to the letting agent.

    We need a place immediately and the landlord hasn't replied and we have paid a 250 holding deposit also. Another private landlord is ready to let his house out to us but we are now kind of stuck as we have paid a holding deposit and no reply from the landlord.

    #2
    There aren't any general rules about holding deposits.
    What were the terms of the deposit?
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

    Comment


      #3
      Nothing in writing, was just told if I change my mind then ts no refundable

      Comment


        #4
        The agent can (basically) make up any terms they want, then.
        It's not legal, but what can you do.

        I'd argue that you're not changing your mind, they're not allowing you to rent the property - but they'll disagree.

        You can talk to trading standards or you can sue them for the money if they don't return it.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

        Comment


          #5
          Bird in the hand?
          IMO 5 day wait is not too long for a LL to make up his mind, provided he has received all documentation - he could be on holiday.
          Ask yourself how quick he will to problems reported.

          Comment

          Latest Activity

          Collapse

          Working...
          X