Section 21 Notice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21 Notice

Hi. I am hoping someone can help me. The tenancy agreement with my tenant runs out on 31st January 2019. She is over £2,000 in rent arrears and not forthcoming with payments. I have asked her constantly to send me a schedule of payments which has fallen on deaf ears, and she thinks its ok to pay back £30.00 each month.

Can anyone tell me :

What do I need to do to issue a Section 21? I'm getting confused as it mentions Form 6a. Do I need to send her a general letter with the completed Form 6a attached, along with a Section 21 Notice or do I send the Form 6a and wait for a reply before sending a Section 21?

How much notice do I need to give her?

Thanks in advance.

there are lots of threads on here that will give you the information you need to work through the process

Comment

Form 6a is the (prescribed) form that now has to be used for S21 notices.

If she is 2 months or more in arrears, then also issue a S8 Ground 8 notice. (there is also a prescribed form for this).
      You do not have to act on the S8 notice, but it might concentrate her mind. If you do intend acting on the S8 notice, then I would suggest engaging a solicitor as from my recollection it is easy to get it wrong.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X