Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mariner
    replied
    You are going to need a valid EPC before you can sell or sign a new AST again.
    EPC is valid for 10 years.
    Answer the Qs posed.

Leave a comment:

• KTC
    replied
    Originally posted by briellis View Post
    You say needed. Is it too late to get one? Can a section 21 still be served.
    Did you actually read my reply?

Originally posted by KTC View Post
    If the 6 months fixed term tenancy was granted before 1 October 2015, then the failure to give EPC does not affect s21.

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    Who is listed as LL/T on the AST?

Leave a comment:

• briellis
    replied
    Originally posted by theartfullodger View Post
    Who is named as tenant - council or human occupants? If human you needed EPC
    You say needed. Is it too late to get one? Can a section 21 still be served.

Leave a comment:

• briellis
    replied
    So do I need to get an epc now in order to serve a section21

Leave a comment:

• KTC
    replied
    If the 6 months fixed term tenancy was granted before 1 October 2015, then the failure to give EPC does not affect s21.

Section 21 aside, you did need to give a valid EPC if the tenancy's on or after 9 January 2013. However, the enforcement authority for the fine is the council's trading standard, so if the council had told you not to bother....

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Sounds like council stitched you up deliberately.

Leave a comment:

• briellis
    replied
    [QUOTE=leaseholder64;n1055285]Are you sure this is not a rent to rent deal with the council, in which case it is not an AST and you cannot i
    ssues section

Most of the rent is paid by housing benefit by the council straight ti me . The remainder is paid by the tenant. The tenant signed an initial 6 month contract with me and since then it has just been rolling on

Leave a comment:

• briellis
    replied
    Originally posted by KTC View Post
    When did the most recent tenancy start? By that includes any renewal, extension etc.
    The tenant signed an agreement for the first 6 months and since then it has been a periodic tenancy I think you call it

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Who is named as tenant - council or human occupants? If human you needed EPC

Leave a comment:

• leaseholder64
    replied
    Are you sure this is not a rent to rent deal with the council, in which case it is not an AST and you cannot issues section 21.

Leave a comment:

• KTC
    replied
    When did the most recent tenancy start? By that includes any renewal, extension etc.

Leave a comment:

• briellis
    started a topic Epc and section21

Epc and section21

I have been renting to a tenant for 5 years or so through the council. It was the council who approached me to let the property to someone on their homeless list. On commencement the council told me an epc would not be necessary. Do I need one now to serve a section 21

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X