Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Received letter from mortgage lender in rental property

Hello,

I moved into a rented house a few months ago and have received a letter from the landlord's mortgage company. I then looked up the title plan and the landlord's address is this one.

The letter says:

"We've been attempting to write to the above borrower at this address which has been returned... If you can provide a name/address/number this would be useful.

If you are renting please forward a copy of any tenancy agreement that may exist in order for us to update our records"

Possibly sounds like an unauthorised tenancy and/or arrears to my untrained eye?

Any advice appreciated.

Thank you

Just to add, I don't have his details. I didn't even know his name until today. It's through an agent.

I intend on replying to the mortgage company but I'm waiting for an answer from the letting agent to see what they make of it and if they will give me his details.

The part I want clarification on is if it does sound like whether he has buy to let or consent to let - I don't know much but it seems he has neither. I have read that the lender may take possession in this case and we'd have to apply to stay up to 2 months etc?

I've paid a few months rent in advance as well.

Thank you.

Comment

There's no need to be particularly worried.
      There may be arrears and there may be an issue with letting the property, but, equally, the lender may just need to contact their customer to keep their records up to date.

I'd pass the letter to the agent and let them deal with it.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X