Couple rented my property, husband died

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully final update: The tenant has given formal notice after again paying the rent a week late. She came back from Europe, paid up and sent a text to the Letting Agent apologising, and then shortly afterwards sent another saying she was giving a month's notice.

As sad as the situation is, this is a win/win. She was supposed to have a better idea of her plans after this month anyway - and we don't know whether she has followed up on any of the guidance supplied here, or indeed even started the probate process. We don't actually need to know.

She has sent me a text overnight saying that she is going at the end of the month, and that she has taken great care of the home etc etc. I will leave it to the agent to go through the signing off of the inventory - we do know that the garage is rammed full of her late husband's stuff and he will explain that all that has to go in the next month, or it can be disposed off at a cost. He's on the case with all of that and the extra week she will owe.

Brexit means a good amount has been wiped off the transfer value of the property so looking for another professional couple to take it on. Thanks to everyone who gave me advice - we passed on all the avenues that could still be open to her, but perhaps returning to Europe and living with family over there while things get sorted over here is the best path for her.

Onwards to the next!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X