Should i Serve 21?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Should i Serve 21?

    Hi All,

    I have a property with a tenant however housing benefit has been stopped and also the tenant has failed to pay the agreed top up amount in recent months.

    The arrears are mounting up, my tenant is currently in Greece on holiday.

    I feel its time to issue a S21 or would i be better going for S8 and trying to get the rent arrears? Also what grounds on both should i use.

    They are over the 2 months rent owed bracket.

    All advise welcomed


    Issue s21 & s8g8,10&11 but evict with s21.

    Check s21 against s21 checkers (google..)
    I am legally unqualified: If you need to rely on advice check it with a suitable authority - eg a solicitor specialising in landlord/tenant law...


      If the tenant is on holiday and owes money, I'd serve the notice straight away.
      S21 if any fixed term has ended or use s8 if not.
      When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).


      Latest Activity