Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tort Notice

Hello all,

Following on from my previous thread, I am now looking to produce a Tort Notice - templates are scarce that I can find, cannot find any on here or on the RLA

I am looking to issue a Notice to Impose Obligation to Collect Goods, and from reading up on it I am an involuntary bailee therefore I only have to comply with what is reasonable before disposing of the goods

It often mentions on sites that you should also send a Notice of Intention to Sell Goods at the same time as the above, does this always need to be the case? I don't consider the items to have any real second hand value or that it is worth the effort to try and sell. They are only really valuable to my tenants as they will have to buy new if they are disposed of

I'm intending to give 2 weeks notice, there has already been discussions about the goods by email with the ex tenant.

Does anyone have a particular template they like to use? I notice I am required to add an inventory also of the items that have been left which is fine

All the items have been removed from the property that the tenant surrendered, and are now in storage

Q1 – Where is the rented property located (England / Wales / Scotland / N Ireland)? England

Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this e.g. sole tenant / multiple tenant / room only? Sole Tenant

Q3 – What date did current TA start dd/mm/yy? 28/09/18

Q4 – How long was initial fixed term (6/12/24 months / other)? 6

Q5 – Does the TA state that rent is due weekly? / 4-weekly? / per calendar month (if so, on what same date each month)? Monthly (27th)

Q6 – Did the TA require a tenant damage deposit to be paid? If so, on what date was this paid (dd/mm/yy)? Yes (28/09/18)

Q7 – If your query relates to a notice for repossession from the landlord (a Section 8 or Section 21 notice) or a tenants's notice to quit to the landlord, please provide the exact date the notice was sent/received (dd/mm/yy). N/A

Q8 – Does the landlord live in the same property as the tenant? No

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X