Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    When you let a house you it is not only the tenant who can live in it.

Leave a comment:

• duckandcover1
    replied
    I personally wouldn't do anything, the actual tenant looks to be taking care of the place and caring for her mother I think you've done well to land on a good tenant and shouldn't rock the boat

Also I don't think her not being on the tenancy complicates things

Leave a comment:

• Sally7
    started a topic tenants elderly mother moved in

tenants elderly mother moved in

i rent a 2 bedroomed house to a tenant with a 5 year old daughter. i did my 6 monthly inspection today and found the tenant is now sharing a room with her daughter and her elderly mother with dementia has been in the property for nearly 4 months as tenant is acting as carer. Tenant did not seem to think it was necessary to inform me stating it makes no difference as she is paying the rent and its her tenancy. Tenant is on month 7 of an AST over 12 months. no problems with rent and house is clean and tidy. Tenant has however informed the council tax department.

My question is do i have to reference the mother and add her to the tenancy agreement. She is around 90 years old and clearly not capable of making an informed decision with her dementia. I can hardly ask the tenant to get her to leave. Do i ignore it. Is it even possible to reference someone of this age. I have no information about any previous address of the tenants mother. I dont even know her name and date of birth.

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X