X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    Originally posted by SpottyDogMum View Post
    I’m not sure what you mean about the tenants notice being valid though.
    You need to make sure the notice is valid if you are going to rely on it in possession proceedings.

Leave a comment:

• KTC
    replied
    Originally posted by SpottyDogMum View Post
    I’m not sure what you mean about the tenants notice being valid though.
    In writing, of at least four weeks or one period of tenancy in length whichever is longer, with an end date that is the last day or the first day of a period of the tenancy. The period being how often rent was payable just before the fixed term ended.

Leave a comment:

• Jon66
    replied
    If a tenant gives valid notice, when it is a joint tenancy, the notice terminates the tenancy for both. So the person in your property does not have a tenancy and you need to appraise them of that and they should move out at their earliest convenience. Advise them they will be fully liable for the legal fees if they dont leave.

Leave a comment:

• SpottyDogMum
    replied
    Thanks for responding. The tenancy was for 6 months and started April 2017 & since then has just rolled on, so I’m assuming this is what you mean by periodic. I’m not sure what you mean about the tenants notice being valid though.

Leave a comment:

• Lawcruncher
    replied
    If the leaving tenant's notice was valid it ended the tenancy. The section 21 notice was not needed and serving it changed nothing. For the record, please confirm that the tenancy was periodic when the tenant's notice was served.

Leave a comment:

• Advice re Section 21 v Tenant’s termsntion notice

We have tenants on a joint tenancy. One gave notice on the tenancy end of November & moved Out almost straight away. The remaining tenant is trying to stay but we want them to leave & issued a section 21. We’ve subsequently found out that the notice from the tenant terminates for both of them even though issued by the one. Does this over ride the section 21 even though the section 21 was issued after we received their notice? Notice means it terminates end December but section 21 would be mid Feb. Thanks

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X