Most Landlord Friendly Tenancy Agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most Landlord Friendly Tenancy Agreement

I've previously got burnt using an estate-agents tenancy agreement. I'm looking to revamp all my paperwork going forward. Is there consensus on the best and most landlord friendly tenancy agreement? If so, how do i get a copy?

Also is there a best-practice list for checking in a new tenant? I've seen that people make tenants sign a doc saying they've seen that all smoke alarms are working etc. If there's such a list - or you can detail the specific steps we should take when dealing with new tenants i'd be very appreciative.

Thx.

Join NLA/RLA to use theirs or use Govt standard TA. (not perfect).

Comment

The government model agreement looks pretty good to me, and has the kind of checklists you're looking for.
      Joining a landlord agreement usually gives access to a support service as well as their tried and tested agreements.

When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
      Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Tenant friendly tenancy agreements are hard to come by. Either use the goverment one or one you find in an up-to-date book published by a reputable publisher. Resist the temptation to make changes. As for getting to grips with proper procedure, again a book is probably your best bet.

Comment

Lawcruncher,

Is there any particular book you'd recommend, I think this would be quite useful for me as well

Comment

Sorry, can't help with that question as I have not lived in the UK for a while.

Comment

You lucky person, thanks anyway, I will have a search on google

Comment

The best book is defending possession proceedings by nic madge, jan luba et al. The definitive text for this side of housing law. Its a great book.

Comment

There's a good start point here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com....php?t=5180214
                  When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
                  Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X