Section 8 eviction worried about tenant disrepair counter claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I sympathise. I had similar allegations thrown at me in the defendants witness statement against my Section 8 - Rent Arrears claim. However in court, the only evidence produced was the rent arrears statement from the Lettings Agency which was undisputed and the defendant did not make any reference to her allegations. The main defence revolved around problems getting Housing and Universal Credit benefits claims processed. Despite there being no evidence produced to support this, the court was sympathetic to her sob story and adjourned the case to allow more time for the benefits to come though. The adjournment added another 4 months to the process and needless to say that even though she was receiving both Housing and UC benefits all the time, none of this money came my way. Perhaps if my solicitor had been better prepared and more forceful in court, there may have been a better outcome for me.

Comment

Originally posted by kennyj52 View Post
      Perhaps if my solicitor had been better prepared and more forceful in court, there may have been a better outcome for me.
      Well yes, clear precedents from higher courts that problem with benefit claims are not considered exceptional circumstances for delays.
      I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X