Repairs at Christmas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repairs at Christmas

I’m the landlord. Unfortunately the boiler in my property has stopped working (on sat 22nd) The plumber has been out and identified the issue but can’t repair until 27th. My tenant has an electric shower for hot water, and a gas fire in lounge and I’ve given her some electric heaters to tide her over. Due to the ‘time of year’ I have been unable to get anyone else to fix sooner. Is this reasonable? Advice welcome please.

It sounds reasonable to me. If the tenant owned the property, what would they be able to do that you haven't done?

Comment

Absolutely fine. What more could you do?

Comment

You can't do more than you can do.
        The very essence of reasonable.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Unauthorized door replacement
          by landlord-man
          So, the door was not replaced at the time the LA (and subsequently you) were informed? So, it could have been cancelled by the LA or you then.

At which point then does the Housing Association turn up with a front door for your Tenant, who's been without one since approx 5.30am
          17-10-2021, 09:45 AM
        • Unauthorized door replacement
          by bms9nmh
          Hello,
          I heard through the agency that manages my property that the tenant had become locked in the bathroom at around 05:30 in the morning and called the fire service, who proceeded to knock down the front door to the flat, and let him out of the bathroom. The tenant did not call the agencies...
          16-10-2021, 19:19 PM
        • Reply to Daughter
          by landlord-man
          In my defence, 3 out of 6 respondents also believe the contents to be somewhat "astonishing" lol.

AND with credit to the ones who haven't, they're the ones who will give up their time to answer ALL questions if they feel they can share knowledge - no matter how absurd some of...
          17-10-2021, 09:36 AM
        • Daughter
          by Wandapast
          I let my house to my daughter at a quarter of market rent. After she had children I let her I've there for nothing. However she has now moved in a boyfriend (David) who has just come out of prison. She smokes cannabis in the property. She has done a lot of damage which she passed off as repairs...
          13-10-2021, 04:50 AM
          by bms9nmh
          They arranged the door replacement after they had got out of the bathroom, and it wasn't replaced until later in the afternoon that day. They have the agents phone number, and internet access on their phone....
          17-10-2021, 09:31 AM
        • Reply to Money Claim Telephone Hearing
          by rapid111111
          Checked on the PCOL and it looks like the defendants are being responsive and sending in statements. So I guess they'll be attending the hearing. If that's the case, is it possible to ask the courts for an address from the defendants?
          17-10-2021, 09:07 AM
        • Money Claim Telephone Hearing
          by rapid111111
          S21 was issued, tenants left, has 9 months rent arrears amounting to over 10k+. The hearing review (which I wasn't called for or required to attend) progressed onto a money claim telephone hearing which is coming up as there was no longer a need for a possession claim. So I guess that means everything...
          12-10-2021, 09:55 AM
          by landlord-man
          UPDATE - THIS POST WAS ADDED AFTER MY ORIGINAL WAS "UNAPPROVED" (WHICH HAS NOW APPEARED) - I'M NOT DOUBLE-POSTING lol

Only one question for you.

When the tenant is locked in the bathroom due to a broken catch on the door in your property, how does the tenant phone...
          17-10-2021, 09:05 AM
          by bms9nmh
          I'm not sure, but I guess I should request the fire service report if such a thing exists....
          17-10-2021, 09:02 AM
          by Section20z
          Would the fire brigade really break a door down on the strength of a phone call with no imminent danger to life ? Surely such a policy would be open to abuse from malicious ex-wifes or tenants.
          Wouldn't they just say "ring your landlord"?
          17-10-2021, 08:56 AM
        Working...
        X