Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

N26 order for possession

Hello
    I have recently evicted a tenant via S8, as they had stopped paying rent and refused to communicate whatsoever.
    I have received N26 which confirms possession and a sum of money the tenant must pay me. The tenant has left but there is no timeframe to define the payment.
    Is this an oversight on the paperwork?
    Do I need to take further action?
    I am unsure if what I have now is a CCJ against the tenant and a money order that I can action bailiffs etc.
    Or whether I am still a stage away from this.
    Cheers
    Paul

You can retake possession of the property with bailiffs.

If the tenant doesn't pay (which they obviously won't), you need to make an additional claim to escalate that issue.
    The ccj won't be registered without this further action (it's not automatic).

The next step (which I think is N316 Application for order that debtor attend court for questioning) is to force the tenant to come to court to explain how they're going to pay you back.

I've never actually done this, so it's possible someone with actual experience will be more helpful.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
    X