X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Court Dates - London

Hi all

Just need help on a few questions as our solicitor takes ages in answering

They sent papers to apply for a court date for a possession hearing to Clerkenwell and Shoreditch (so London)

How long does it usually take to get confirmation of a date for London? And how long till the court date? Approx

The solicitor also said they sent it via DX

is this a secure mail method?

When was is sent? Usually when it is sent the defendant is send the information and they have 14 days to respond with a defence (if they wish to defend it), after this the courts will then sent a date, this can range between 6-8 weeks (there may be delays due to xmas approaching), and the time scales are dependant on how busy the court is. You /solicitor will be given the date of the hearing, there isn't anything you or your solicitor can do to push it faster.

Comment

Thanks for your quick reply

It was sent on the 24th October by the solicitor by post to the court

Comment

i would guess you are still very early in the process, the courts would have sent the papers to the defendant within 10days, then as said before they then have 14 days for a defence and send their paperwork through. If you are lucky/optimistic the court hearing with be this year, but the reality is most likely 2019.

Comment

If you have a solicitor on the record, all communications will be via the solicitor, you won't get anything direct from the court / defendant.
          I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Ok cool

Didnt know about the other stages. Thanks for clarifying

A long wait still then!

Comment

DX = secure Telex or similar system.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
                DX = secure Telex or similar system.
                Thanks

the secure word gives me comfort :-D

Comment