Unable to contact Tenent & cannot confirm if tenent still lives at address

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to contact Tenent & cannot confirm if tenent still lives at address

Hi there, I’ve been trying to contact my tenent since June by phone & letter about arrears. He does not respond & never seems to be in the property. His HB was stopped in September. Obviously I need to take action. My suspicion is he lives mostly with his gf but still keeps belongings in my property. How can I legally confirm if he still lives there & serve a sec 21 to him? I want my house back ASAP. Or, is there a better route I could take?
    thanks in advsnce
    james

• jpkeates
    replied
    Sorry for your loss.

Is there a will and, if so, who is the executor?

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    Please complete & paste https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...ll-new-posters from start of Tenancy.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Sorry to hear of your loss.

HOW have you become landlord? Has probate been granted? If new landlord have you served notice(s) complaint with s48 & s3? If not, v v v likely no rent due to you & fines & possible criminal offence.

Who was/is named as owner on land registry

Leave a comment:

• sailthealbion
    replied
    The reason it’s been left since June is due to my father dying. It was all very quick & from diagnosis to death was just over 6mths & the care left little time for anything else.
    Atually, this has just reminded me of another question. My dad was the original ll on the AST which as now expired well over a year. I am now the legal ll but can I still issue a sec21 even though the AST was issued by my dad?

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    If you can serve notice, you can do so without knowing if the tenant is there or not.
    You write to them at the last address you have for them - which is your property.

Then escalate to court and evict.

As above, you have a right to visit to inspect the condition of the property with 24 hours written notice.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    "Tenant"....

Send notice of inspection by email/txt/letter, the usual 24+ hrs. Go round, with witness, see what you find.

Since June? How come not at least 5 s8s and an s21 already??

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X