Section 21 with a misspelt Christian Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21 with a misspelt Christian Name

Agent has issued a Section 21 with a misspelt Christian Name but correct surname, just one letter wrong in forename. Would he need to issue a new one.

If you want to go to court asap, I would go with what you have. If it can wait, send one with correct spelling.

Comment

If you are the agent and the landlord, issue a new one. If you are the tenant, assume that the court would be happy with the old one.
      I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by KTC View Post
        If you are the agent and the landlord, issue a new one. If you are the tenant, assume that the court would be happy with the old one.
        Sound advice. You can never tell if the judge will tell the landlord he should have got his notice right or tell the tenant that the error is immaterial.

It should be the latter. Whilst the court is more likely to want a notice to be correct in all respects if it has to be in a prescribed form, the general rule is that a notice is not invalidated if the recipient is not misled. No one would query a notice if the address of the premises contained "Raod" instead of "Road". There is no reason why it should not be the same if the recipient's name is shown as "Tohmas" instead of "Thomas". If the name is wrong the recipient may have a case, but possibly not if "Robin" should be "Robert".

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to My tenant has passed away and their son isn't leaving the property
          by Hudson01
          Has the Son's sister mentioned anything about '' rent '' ? I gather he intends to simply sit there, pay nothing, not give notice and wait it out ....... payment free living.
          15-01-2021, 19:55 PM
        • My tenant has passed away and their son isn't leaving the property
          by Con
          My tenant has passed away and their son isn't leaving the property. Their tenancy runs out at the end of January. I knew the son was staying there as a carer for my tenant. The son's sister told me that the son would not sign the tenancy. The son was looking after the utility bills and had them in...
          15-01-2021, 16:24 PM
        • Reply to Should I consider this tenant?
          by Hudson01
          My gut feeling on this one without any further investigation would be a big fat NO, there is too much of a 'story' to tell and that alone would ring many alarm bells for me, he maybe an ok chap but i would not take that chance where there are lots of other tenants to pick from out there.
          15-01-2021, 19:49 PM
        • Should I consider this tenant?
          by Flashback1966
          I have a potential tenant. He says he has recently broken up, so for the past 3 months living in a budget hotel.

He is self-employed. Not much in the way of savings.

He did own a home, but it was in the wife's name, which they bought in 2005. He is making no claims, as his...
          15-01-2021, 14:42 PM
        • Reply to Section 21, Lockdown & Harassment from Landlord
          by Hudson01
          The LL appears to not have a clue what he is doing, but that aside the end result (way down the line) will be your leaving this property, you know this will occur so make real efforts now to look for something else, leaving under your own steam is far less stressful than with someone else's assistance....
          15-01-2021, 19:45 PM
        • Section 21, Lockdown & Harassment from Landlord
          by RENTINGAHOUSE
          I wonder if anyone on here could give me advice please? I've sought advice previously as our landlord tried to give notice during the first lockdown and has persisted in trying to get us to leave. In brief, 12 months AST ended in April, we did not sign a new contract and so entered into a periodic rolling...
          14-01-2021, 16:47 PM
        • Reply to Insurance problem
          by pebblepebble
          They were given the keys by the tenant's brother who stayed on for a while after the tenants moved. No rent paid for over 10 months.

Edited to add tenants moved out last June....
          15-01-2021, 19:15 PM
        • Insurance problem
          by pebblepebble
          I have just been told by my insurance agent that current insurance company have refused to insure again due to the illegal occupiers currently living there. He said of all the others he contacted only one would give a quote - this was hugely inflated and had exclusions which I am not happy about....
          15-01-2021, 14:39 PM
          by theartfullodger
          How " illegal occupiers """? How did they gain access please? Who permitted it, who provided keys (or not..), and have you accepted rent from them or not, please?
          15-01-2021, 19:05 PM
          by pebblepebble
          No it wasn't me, this is my only post on the subject and I only found out today. It's not a rent to rent scheme or HMO just two men living there who aren't the tenants.

Yes to the eviction process - I had the review hearing this week and waited three months for that. The insurance company...
          15-01-2021, 17:48 PM
        Working...
        X