Section 21 with a misspelt Christian Name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 21 with a misspelt Christian Name

Agent has issued a Section 21 with a misspelt Christian Name but correct surname, just one letter wrong in forename. Would he need to issue a new one.

If you want to go to court asap, I would go with what you have. If it can wait, send one with correct spelling.

Comment

If you are the agent and the landlord, issue a new one. If you are the tenant, assume that the court would be happy with the old one.
      I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by KTC View Post
        If you are the agent and the landlord, issue a new one. If you are the tenant, assume that the court would be happy with the old one.
        Sound advice. You can never tell if the judge will tell the landlord he should have got his notice right or tell the tenant that the error is immaterial.

It should be the latter. Whilst the court is more likely to want a notice to be correct in all respects if it has to be in a prescribed form, the general rule is that a notice is not invalidated if the recipient is not misled. No one would query a notice if the address of the premises contained "Raod" instead of "Road". There is no reason why it should not be the same if the recipient's name is shown as "Tohmas" instead of "Thomas". If the name is wrong the recipient may have a case, but possibly not if "Robin" should be "Robert".

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X