Two Contracts - 1 Flats - Many problems help please!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two Contracts - 1 Flats - Many problems help please!

Hi

I need some advice please, we let out our flat whilst living abroad and requested that our agents sign the agreed contract on our behalf which was an agreed rental increase with the incumbent tenants and a 60 day break clause, the tenants signed a contract with only a diplomat’s clause and the increase. The two different contracts came to light when we served a section 21 to give 60 days notice - the tenants are now requesting a rebate on the rental increase or they won’t vacate.

Please help where do I stand with this - the agents are saying its nothing to do with them?

Regards

Rachel

1. As to final point: Agent (A) is talking a load of cack, in legal terminology. Who prepared the Agreement but manged to f*** it up (unless T played around with it, misled A, and signed something other than what A sent)?
    2. T's signed document is what binds T. L's signed document (i.e. signed by A on L's behalf) doesn't.
    3. Assuming that A is to blame, instruct that it be put right at A's expense or else you'll sue A for negligence or breach of contract or both.
    JEFFREY SHAW, solicitor [and Topic Expert], Nether Edge Law*
    1. Public advice is believed accurate, but I accept no legal responsibility except to direct-paying private clients.
    2. Telephone advice: see http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=34638.
    3. For paid advice about conveyancing/leaseholds/L&T, contact me* and become a private client.
    4. *- Contact info: click on my name (blue-highlight link).

Comment

Originally posted by jeffrey View Post
      1. As to final point: Agent (A) is talking a load of cack, in legal terminology. Who prepared the Agreement but manged to f*** it up (unless T played around with it, misled A, and signed something other than what A sent)?
      2. T's signed document is what binds T. L's signed document (i.e. signed by A on L's behalf) doesn't.
      3. Assuming that A is to blame, instruct that it be put right at A's expense or else you'll sue A for negligence or breach of contract or both.
      Thanks - agents sent two different contracts, we agreed to one, tenants got something different.

A is to blame both us and the tenants were working under assumption we had signed same contract - we served notice as per our contract and the tenants understood that there was no break and so are very annoyed! so I can say to agents they have failed and are to blame - GOOD!

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X