Suicidal over tenants claim please help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suicidal over tenants claim please help

im suicial - ive jsut taken an overdose - ive got two children and im a single mum please can someone help me im on the verge of taking more talets - ive had a letter from a solicitor about deposit protection wanting an out of court settlement for over 4,000 when the tenant was in over 4,000 in arrears and left the property im at my wits end i really am - im a sinlge mum with two small children and it was all deal with by the estate agent and i have contacted them , i didnt deal with the deposit they did it all -

Help

I want to die

Comment

Alice123 please follow the link and call the number
      Where to get help if you are having suicidal thoughts, and what to do if you are worried about someone else.

Comment

You need to call someone for help right now. Don't think this forum is ideal for this scenario.
        "I'm afraid I didn't do enough background checks apart from checking her identity on Facebook" - ANON

What I say is based on my own experience and research - Please don't take as gospel without first checking the gospel yourself.

Comment

Whatever you're going through, call us free any time, from any phone on 116 123.

We're here round the clock, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you need a response immediately, it's best to call us on the phone. This number is FREE to call. You don't have to be suicidal to call us.

Comment

whats all this stuff they want me to send ?

'print outs of searches on the tenancy deposit protection websites'

ive got the support of my daughter she is 17 m,y son is 14 - i dont want to ring the NHs they cant solve the problem -
            this is from a firm of solicitors want 4726 out of sourt settlement plus costs but the tenant only paid 625 we kept deposit becasue she didnt pay rent for months

Comment

Do as above and get help now. Unfortunately this is what a combination of bad/misdirected law and corrupt middlemen does to normal people.

Comment

This is not legal advice or anything, but would it be possible to write to the solicitor in question, telling them that the tenant has outstanding arrears of 4000GBP+ the best settlement they would get is to have those arrears being cancelled out by the settlement.

Maybe the solicitor (most likely no win no fee) would see that this is not the payday they are looking for and back off?

Since the tenant already owes you money, the fact you may end up owing them money would cancel out?

Comment

thanks yes ill take it all on board - i am still here just about got support off my family but my daughter self harms and it taken it badly too - so far all the documnets i have but i dont have print outs of searches on the tenancy deposits websites - i think we have just about everything else =and its a no win no fee thing - it also says this about the tenant 'provided that you havent lied and told us the truth then there will be no fee to pay us ' in small writing -
                  ok but she LIED as it says tenant paid rent up until leaving which is a lie cos he/she owes 3900 pounds ! tenant has also been given proper info on the scheme as we have details to prove it -
                  everyone says not to worry but i am as there a couple things i might not have
                  i so wish i was 15 years old again and in ibiza with my mum and dad

Comment

written to solicitor with documents that i have , tenancy agreement, deposit cert, the signed paper saying tenant has a copy of the leaflet all signed by tenant ect , becasue tehya re saying it wasnt with a scheme but it was - my letter states 'client says the deposit was not paid into a tenancy deposit scheme and no info provided ' but all this was done and we have signed doc to prove it and saying that tenant has had a copy of the leaflets

Comment

If you have proof that the deposit is in a scheme, then it is simple, write back with copy of it and you should never hear from them again.

"no win no fee" solicitors are just after a quick buck, they won't go to court if there is even a silm chance of them losing.

Comment

Can I suggest that being a landlord is not for you if this is how it makes you feel. If I were you I would sell up after this episode.

Comment

If it was paracetemol you took, you should still attend A&E, as an overdose can kill you several days later.
                          To save them chiming in, JPKeates, Theartfullodger, Boletus, Mindthegap, Macromia, Holy Cow & Ted.E.Bear think the opposite of me on almost every subject.

Comment

I now have a solicitor ive had to pay a lot of money he said he'll sort it for me - the letter i got was from a no win no fee company , they sent me threatening letter - showed it to my solicitor - not allowed to discuss this case but i seriously did feel suicidal - its affected me big time ive nearly lost my job as a result and kept crying at work and sent home I only work in a supermarket part-time but need the money - also my house the was let was left dirty and full of rubbish - there you go government beleive me why are they always on tenants side - but why is a no win no fee company allowed to send out such a threatening and horrible letter in the first place to me /

Comment

Its one of the many hazards of being a landlord and handing it to an Agent unfortunately doesnt protect you. Thats why I suggrsted you consider whether this is something you want to continue doing

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                              X