Bailiffs & Locksmith

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bailiffs & Locksmith

I'm applying for Bailiffs, is there a law or requirement that I have to have a locksmith, can't I just drill the lock in myself instead of having someone else do it?

I'd get a locksmith IIWY if tenant is still in residence. (Acts as extra backup for bailiff.)

The process is stressful enough without drilling. A locksmith can pick a lock, and then alter it so it takes a different key.

Comment

I doubt any bailiff would allow you to be directly involved in the eviction.

Comment

Certainly the HCEOs on featured in a certain reality TV show considered the presence of landlords likely to make the situation worse.

Comment

When I last evicted a tenant the bailiffs required me to be there but at a distance. It's an awkward situation and the LL being there can make it worse if they get involved. I took a book to read as a distraction and stood several doors down. I didn't need to drill the lock as the door was opened by the tenant and the bailiff took the keys. I then changed the lock myself (google this if you've not done it before - it's not a difficult thing to do).

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X