Can I avoid paying rent on 2 properties when moving?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MdeB View Post
    Note that notice requirement is "at lest one month", not "exactly one month".
    'Exactly one month' satisfies 'at least one month'

Comment

Please complete & paste https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...ll-new-posters

Comment

Originally posted by davett View Post

'Exactly one month' satisfies 'at least one month'
        Perhaps if you read the whole thread you would understand my post and not make pointless comments.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
          Answers below.

Q1 – Where is the rented property located - England

Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this - sole tenant.

Q3 – What date did current TA start - 25/09/2012?

Q4 – How long was initial fixed term - 6months

Q5 – Does the TA state that rent is due weekly? - per calendar month (on the 25th of each month)

Q6 – Did the TA require a tenant damage deposit to be paid? - Yes - on what date was this paid - 25/09/2012

Q7 – If your query relates to a notice for repossession from the landlord - N/A
          Q8 – Does the landlord live in the same property as the tenant? - No

Comment

Originally posted by bflare View Post

Is there a problem with me asking the same question on 2 different sites? With this being a more specific site I assumed I would get a more information & help that I may not get on a more generalised site.
            The problem is that it can waste people's time in composing a reply that has already been given, or is invalidated by information only available on the other site. It is best to avoid it, but if you do it, you should cross link the two threads so that people can find the whole debate.

Comment

Your NTQ will expire at 23.59.59 and can't be legally extended,.
              LL is entitled to claim 2x daily rent as mesne profit or 1 month rent from date it was payable.

Comment

Your old landlord might require you to prove that all your utilities and council tax are paid up to date before releasing the deposit. Check your tenancy agreement for this. Having had a bad experience in the past where a tenant, having moved in, transferred the elec bill to my name, I always check utilities etc have been paid.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
                  Your NTQ will expire at 23.59.59 and can't be legally extended,.
                  LL is entitled to claim 2x daily rent as mesne profit or 1 month rent from date it was payable.
                  Ok but if I request an extension & it is granted will I avoid any charges?

Also, the tenancy will end on a Saturday. How does this normally effect it if at all it does? Will I need to move out / hand the keys in on a weekday which would be the 23rd & a day before the tenancy is due to end.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Future Issues for LL and Tenants
                    by jpkeates
                    I couldn't afford to live in London or the South East.
                    It's why I moved to Birmingham.

People seem to think they're entitled to live somewhere they can't afford to do a job that doesn't pay them enough to live where they would like.

It would actually be useful if people...
                    14-08-2022, 19:24 PM
                  • Future Issues for LL and Tenants
                    by Hudson01
                    Looking at the news today (similar to yesterday and the day before), they are talking about combined energy bills of 4-5k a year...... by April 2023. There are many properties up north where the combined rental per annum is between 6-7k....... that is insane.

Could we have a situation...
                    13-08-2022, 22:08 PM
                  • Reply to re-entry clause any use?
                    by jpkeates
                    I'm all in favour of talking to the tenant and explaining that the rent needs to be paid on time - always help to make them understand it's an issue and very much not OK.
                    Tell them you'll not be able to pay the mortgage on the property.

And, if after that they don't pay promptly,...
                    14-08-2022, 19:16 PM
                  • re-entry clause any use?
                    by hospitality
                    New tenant signed contract with LA for initial period 17/06/2022 to 16/06/2022. T was late with initial rent itself (paid in advance), i.e. only paid on 24/06 and took possession. T was again late for the next payment due 24/07. No sign of payment yet.

I understand S8 G8/10/11 notice can...
                    12-08-2022, 17:32 PM
                  • Reply to re-entry clause any use?
                    by hospitality
                    As Interlaken pointed, I checked with a friend of mine living nearby & confirmed T is indeed living there with family, and seemingly good life with couple of cars (beemer too) and a van. The suggestion is perhaps they are the type who push the boundaries with others at every instance. It then becomes...
                    14-08-2022, 19:01 PM
                  • Reply to Gas Central Heating Included in Rent
                    by gnvqsos
                    The all-inclusive tarrif is dead. It also encouraged wasteful use of resources. There is a way round this dilemma,and as a consultant I have advised many on circumventing rent restrictions, legally, of course.
                    14-08-2022, 18:50 PM
                  • Gas Central Heating Included in Rent
                    by patray
                    I am trying to work out the best way to recoup some of the increase in the cost of the gas given that we can only put up the rent once a year but the cost is going to be increased in October and probably every 3 months.

It's not possible to forsee how much prices will rise or what help...
                    14-08-2022, 14:03 PM
                    by gnvqsos
                    The writer has a vested interest, facing a rent rise, stripping the article of objectivity. As she works online she could relocate to Rotherham where her rent increase 0f £300 pcm would get a room plus bills...
                    14-08-2022, 18:47 PM
                  • Reply to Gas Central Heating Included in Rent
                    by patray
                    Thank you DPT57 and Hudson 01. I am trying to be fair to the tenants. We have no idea of what the increases might be only that they will probably be huge. On the other hand the government may step in and help with the cost again.

My idea about keeping it separate from the rent meant I could...
                    14-08-2022, 18:45 PM
                    by Hudson01
                    https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/...eneration-rent

This is the sort of nonsense that Gen Rent and Shelter will be pouring into the govt's ears, in time some of it, or all of it..... will stick and we will get turned over again. The more that tenants are seen as...
                    14-08-2022, 18:41 PM
                  Working...
                  X