Can I avoid paying rent on 2 properties when moving?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MdeB View Post
    Note that notice requirement is "at lest one month", not "exactly one month".
    'Exactly one month' satisfies 'at least one month'

Comment

Please complete & paste https://forums.landlordzone.co.uk/fo...ll-new-posters

Comment

Originally posted by davett View Post

'Exactly one month' satisfies 'at least one month'
        Perhaps if you read the whole thread you would understand my post and not make pointless comments.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
          Answers below.

Q1 – Where is the rented property located - England

Q2 – What type of Tenancy Agreement (TA) is this - sole tenant.

Q3 – What date did current TA start - 25/09/2012?

Q4 – How long was initial fixed term - 6months

Q5 – Does the TA state that rent is due weekly? - per calendar month (on the 25th of each month)

Q6 – Did the TA require a tenant damage deposit to be paid? - Yes - on what date was this paid - 25/09/2012

Q7 – If your query relates to a notice for repossession from the landlord - N/A
          Q8 – Does the landlord live in the same property as the tenant? - No

Comment

Originally posted by bflare View Post

Is there a problem with me asking the same question on 2 different sites? With this being a more specific site I assumed I would get a more information & help that I may not get on a more generalised site.
            The problem is that it can waste people's time in composing a reply that has already been given, or is invalidated by information only available on the other site. It is best to avoid it, but if you do it, you should cross link the two threads so that people can find the whole debate.

Comment

Your NTQ will expire at 23.59.59 and can't be legally extended,.
              LL is entitled to claim 2x daily rent as mesne profit or 1 month rent from date it was payable.

Comment

Your old landlord might require you to prove that all your utilities and council tax are paid up to date before releasing the deposit. Check your tenancy agreement for this. Having had a bad experience in the past where a tenant, having moved in, transferred the elec bill to my name, I always check utilities etc have been paid.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
                  Your NTQ will expire at 23.59.59 and can't be legally extended,.
                  LL is entitled to claim 2x daily rent as mesne profit or 1 month rent from date it was payable.
                  Ok but if I request an extension & it is granted will I avoid any charges?

Also, the tenancy will end on a Saturday. How does this normally effect it if at all it does? Will I need to move out / hand the keys in on a weekday which would be the 23rd & a day before the tenancy is due to end.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                  X