Electricity

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You want one of these: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Signstek-Di...=fsclp_pl_dp_1

Pop it around the cable and see if it is using electricity.

Comment

This won't work if clamped round the cable. It needs to be clamped around either just the live of just the neutral.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your input. No he doesn't have to cross my area and yes he does use the building regularly, though without going standing at the door I don't know what he does in there.

Comment

Let us know what he says when you eventually do ask him about this.

Comment

You say when you flip the fuse switch the cooker and the fridge go off. I'm fairly certain that the cooker requires a thicker cable and should have its own fuse - not sharing with another appliance. Is your cooker electric or gas? If it's gas it's ok as the electricity is only used for the ignition and lights.

Comment

Originally posted by spiritdreams View Post
              I know quite a few landlords exclude storage spaces such as attic with power connections from tenancy because they are using it to store their own stuff or safety reasons.
              This creates a council tax HMO. The landlord, not the tenant, is responsible for the council tax, as the tenant is not getting the full benefit of the property on which the level of council tax is based.

Comment

Dual fuel cookers can power the oven off a 13 amp socket.

Comment

Originally posted by Berlingogirl View Post
                  You say when you flip the fuse switch the cooker and the fridge go off. I'm fairly certain that the cooker requires a thicker cable and should have its own fuse - not sharing with another appliance. Is your cooker electric or gas? If it's gas it's ok as the electricity is only used for the ignition and lights.
                  It is electric.

Comment

Originally posted by DPT57 View Post
                    Let us know what he says when you eventually do ask him about this.
                    Will do. I am waiting to hear back from the council which hopefully should be any day as I know they are now dealing with my complaint as they have spoken to Environmental Health over another issue that I have.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                    X