Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landlord sending builders that cancel, work 1 hour a day & damage property

Hello Everyone

Sorry for the long explanation and thank you in advance for any help.

I moved into a property 1st of September when I originally agreed to let the property in was still half finished however I was assured it would be done do transferred my money across.

When I moved in I was still in construction , I had no choice as was starting a new job in the following 2 days.

Since then the builder the landlord has organised has cancelled 5 times so far, however the day he did arrive he explained he would get 5-6 jobs done and clean up after himself, I even provided him with a industrial vacuum.

I returned the next day to find no jobs completed , on top of this the place was in an absolute reck and my bed had been used as a cutting board.

The landlord expect me to keep up after the builder and the builder to work any time he wants and for any duration. I’m constantly cleaning up after him so I have a livable space.

I propose a rent reduction which was declined.

I have no idea what to do, is the landlord allowed to organise work like this? Do I have any rights in terms of a liveable space or working times for building.

Thank you

• Readzer
    replied
    My bed What he left the apartment like no explanation when he’s returning

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Pets causing eviction
    Wiffle
    Hi everyone,

Bit of background to start with.

We are new tenants of a rental property and told not only our letting agent but our landlord that we were the owners of two dogs.

The letting agent checked with the landlord that dogs were ok and they agreed as long...
    17-06-2019, 17:15 PM
  • Reply to Pets causing eviction
    KTC
    They can't actually force you to give up your dogs. They can (attempt to) evict you.
    17-06-2019, 22:32 PM
    Wiffle
    You join us and the letting agent in the same thought, does anyone know if there's a set limit of time they can request or is it something they can just make up as they go?

I can echo that, my kids are all grown up now but my mediocre DIY skills have been called upon many more times for...
    17-06-2019, 22:08 PM
  • Fence damaged by wind, Landlord refusing to replace
    RichH
    Hi,
    Fence at rear of property severely damaged by the strong winds a couple of nights back.
    Informed landlord by phone & also sent photos of damage by email. I have made emergency repairs to stop them going completely, but they are beyond repair.
    Landlord says they were put...
    10-03-2016, 19:01 PM
  • Reply to Fence damaged by wind, Landlord refusing to replace
    tenant83
    2 million+ rented homes in the UK, 14,782 surveyed by an insurance company is just pee in the ocean. You also referenced figures which were obviously in the landlords' favour, we can all do that which is why polls are useless. I can easily say almost half of tenants are unhappy with their landlords...
    17-06-2019, 21:32 PM
    Wainwright
    At any rate it's a tad unreasonable to give someone 2 weeks to rehome their dogs.

I don't know, but I'd be happier to let to people with pets (within reason, of course) than to those with children!! In my experience and those of other landlords I know, the latter have been far more problematic...
    17-06-2019, 21:18 PM
    Wainwright
    Ah! This is exactly what I was thinking as well....
    17-06-2019, 21:12 PM
  • Reply to Fence damaged by wind, Landlord refusing to replace
    boletus
    [QUOTE=tenant83;n1070209]

I didn't state any particular survey but 14,782 is quite some heavy weighting.

Why do you think that is?

Which is one of the lowest percentages of empty homes in Europe
    -or any other comparable...
    17-06-2019, 21:10 PM
  • Locking Building Doors At Night
    ivand
    Hi everyone, I live in a block of flats (some rented, some owned) with no entry system. The factor want to install a simple lock on the only entry to the building and lock it at night at a set time and give residents a key to get in. I think this is dangerous because it restricts entry by emergency...
    14-06-2019, 17:42 PM
  • Reply to Locking Building Doors At Night
    MdeB
    We have had this discussion for our block of flats.

The argument for no locks includes "the police advise that having a lock can make gaining entry a challenge to groups under the influence on a Saturday night, but hey are likely to pass on by if it is unlocked".

17-06-2019, 21:06 PM
Working...
X