X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowery
    started a topic Enforcement officers

Enforcement officers

I wanted to know what peoples experiences are regarding whether enforcement officers do take action after you have raised issues with Rent Smart Wales. I ask because I have tried to get help via my local council without success, so I went to Rent Smart Wales and they have contacted the enforcement officer at the local council. Every organisation I have so far contacted seem to either not answer the phone or are willing to just accept what the landlord says even though there are multiple tenants that say differently.

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Giving Notice
    jasper74
    Hello, this is my first post.

I am about send a notice to quit to my tenants, they have been there for over 3 years. The tenancy began on the 27th day of the month. My question is, does it have to end on the 27th or can it end on any day of the month, say the 2nd?

Thanks...
    22-02-2019, 20:18 PM
  • Reply to Giving Notice
    mariner
    You think?
    You should also include 'Info reqd from new posters' from the stickies.
    23-02-2019, 04:24 AM
  • Help with bad landlord
    SacreLao
    I have a friend who has rented a property on an assured shorthold tenancy for 3 years now. The tenancy has long expired and so has automatically converted into a periodic tenancy.

Recently following an inspection the boiler in the property was condemned and switched off as a result. She...
    21-02-2019, 16:00 PM
  • Reply to Help with bad landlord
    KeepTheFaith
    She seems to have her own ideas of how the law works, else she is trying to convince you that's how the law works.

You have told her she can't just write that she is putting it up without your friends agreement and your friend doesn't have to leave if she doesn't pay the increase. No need...
    23-02-2019, 01:09 AM
    SacreLao
    She also refuses to issue the section 13 notice that I asked for and said the rent is going regardless, although she has now changed it to the 1st April as I said the 1st March was not enough notice....
    22-02-2019, 23:44 PM
    SacreLao
    We have offered her 11 different dates to come and inspect, she is saying no I am coming on this date at this time. My friend has no problem with her inspecting but she wants to be home at the time and she wants me there to translate and I don’t finish work until 5pm. We have asked her to come at...
    22-02-2019, 23:40 PM
    leaseholder64
    The tenant would be in breach of their obligations. The landlord's remedy would be to start eviction proceedings for breach of covenant. However, if a reasonable alternative time had been proposed, I don't think the court would grant possession as a result.

On the other hand, from the...
    22-02-2019, 23:23 PM
    KeepTheFaith
    From that email she isn't saying she will enter if noone lets her in. She is being vague about what she will do. In theory she could get a court order to gain entry. But if you have given her alternative times for access then this would be silly.

Based on what she says in the email I don't...
    22-02-2019, 23:05 PM
  • Reply to Giving Notice
    jasper74
    no worries, i probably should have mentioned that...
    22-02-2019, 21:30 PM
  • Reply to Giving Notice
    JK0
    Oh, don't ask me about Scotland. Sorry for confusing you.
    22-02-2019, 21:27 PM
Working...
X