X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flowery
    started a topic Enforcement officers

Enforcement officers

I wanted to know what peoples experiences are regarding whether enforcement officers do take action after you have raised issues with Rent Smart Wales. I ask because I have tried to get help via my local council without success, so I went to Rent Smart Wales and they have contacted the enforcement officer at the local council. Every organisation I have so far contacted seem to either not answer the phone or are willing to just accept what the landlord says even though there are multiple tenants that say differently.

• KeepTheFaith
    replied
    I had similar experience phoning to report breaches of licensing conditions. They just say they will pass on the details to their compliance team. I told them I have evidence but noone bothered contacting me for the evidence.

Also seems the landlord does a self declaration that they are a fit and proper person, they dont need to provide a DBS check.

Rent Smart Wales is a waste of tax payers money. (And that's from another Tenant).

Leave a comment:

• Flowery
    replied
    I did, he just wasn't interested. Rent Smart Wales is just another money making scheme for the government, screwing over reputable landlords.

Leave a comment:

• MdeB
    replied
    Originally posted by Flowery View Post
    I did and he was totally disinterested. He said if I didn't like it then just move.
    make sure he knows it is rent smart wales you are asking him to take action regarding and not your landlord,

Leave a comment:

• Flowery
    replied
    I did and he was totally disinterested. He said if I didn't like it then just move.

Leave a comment:

• Interlaken
    replied
    Contact your MP and have a moan to him.

Leave a comment:

• Flowery
    replied
    I didn't get a response to this so thought I would update my own experience. I rented through an estate agent, so assumed, wrongly, that all legal obligations would be met. Once in the property I discovered a raft of problems and that the property had never been registered as a rental property with Rent Smart Wales. The landlords were also not licensed. I reported the landlords and tried to get help from the council and from Rent Smart Wales. If my experience is anything to go by then Rent Smart Wales is there to just get money out of good landlords while taking no action against the bad ones. I reported the landlords in September 2018. One landlord has just finally become licensed and the other one is still not licensed. When speaking to Rent Smart Wales they refuse to give any info as to what is happening and whether any action has or will been taken against the unlicensed landlord. It makes a mockery of the whole system and it seems once again that the good ones are penalised while the bad ones do as they please.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X