Notice prior to end of fixed term tenancy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey all,
    Many thanks. I will notify landlord + lettings agent that we will be vacating the premises in line with our fixed term contract duration prior to the end of agreed tenancy period. Will give the lettings agent the keys alongside a witness in case they try to claim we were still in residence.

To be honest, our landlord has been very reasonable with us during our tenancy, I think they've just been screwed over by an inattentive lettings agent who did not bother to check whether we intended to continue our tenancy (either periodic or sign a new fixed AST) or re-market the property if not.

Thanks again!

Comment

Sorry, one final question - can the landlord deduct the rent we are alleged to 'owe' from our deposit? Our deposit is protected by my|deposits.

Comment

Originally posted by Fouldini View Post
        Sorry, one final question - can the landlord deduct the rent we are alleged to 'owe' from our deposit? Our deposit is protected by my|deposits.
        Not without your agreement... The deposit money is yours and cannot be used for any purpose without your agreement or a court order.

Comment

Originally posted by sam_cat View Post

Not without your agreement... The deposit money is yours and cannot be used for any purpose without your agreement or a court order.
          Great. Many thanks to everyone!

Comment

When you tell the landlord your intentions I would explain some of the above which might prevent a protracted row and might also help him to understand that his Agent is not infallible

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X