Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit return dispute

Hi,

Just vacated my old property and my landlord is withholding my deposit on the basis that the grass has not been cut. The grass length is just natural growth as I cut it three weeks ago when the weather permitted me to do so. I had my final inspection on 14/08/2018 conducted by the landlords father acting on his behalf and no issues were raised. Keys were handed back as the tenancy finished on that day. Now landlord is refusing to release the bond on the basis that the grass hasn’t been freshly cut even though it’s been raining for the past three weeks. Wondering what anyone would advise on the best course of action to get my deposit back?

Cheers,
    Jason.

Tell him you'll let the deposit protection scheme decide on the basis that is costs 2/10 of Feck all to cut the grass. The DPS has some interesting case studies on their website you might point him too. I take it the deposit was protected ? If not he's a knob and you'll be claiming 3X the deposit back? Right ?

The fact that no issues were raised, and grass costs nothing to cut and would need cutting again soon will obviously count in your favour.

Comment

Cutting grass costs nothing?
      I doubt any part of UK was unable to cut grass in any 48hr period of inspection.

Comment

Thanks for the advice.

Think I’ll let the dps decide based on the fact that nothing was raised on the final inspection and the grass isn’t even bad. It’s just at the level at which you’d consider cutting it but like I said it’s been raining heavily for a while.

Don’t have the luxury of being able to wait in all day for 48 hours to try find a dry spell to cut the grass.

Comment

Originally posted by Jasonmarksimondixon View Post
          Hi,

"it’s been raining for the past three weeks."

Jason.
          In my reality its been blistering, not a drop of rain. Go to your deposit scheme administrator.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X