Deposit return question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit return question

LL did check-in inventory 3 weeks after moved in, lost our signed agreement, still not sure if we ever signed it. Didn't do a proper check-out inventory, just sent email with some pics. LL ignored requests to be present at check-out. If we go to TDP for dispute over deposit, all I seem to have read online is that it's quite likely we'll get our full deposit because of the lack of proper inventories. Can anyone give me their informed opinion on this?

You don't know much.
    If your T had expired at time of move out inspection LL had no duty to allow you to attend & re-enter the property.
    ADR tend to base their decision on written move in/out condition reports.
    LL should send you a copy of move out report when informing you what T damage he intends to seek.
    How much ad for what?

Comment

I don't, but neither does the LL. The T hadn't expired at the time of the requested move out inspection, we sent an email a month in advance asking if we could attend but this was ignored. Written move out condition report was done independantly but 3 weeks after we moved in and I'm pretty sure the LL lost the returned one which was marked up by us as she said so. We didn't get an independant check out report just an email and some photographs from the LL. Total of £559. One contentious one is moth infection in carpet, which was under the bed so we didn't know it was there. They want to clean it etc. Chimney sweep (no receipt supplied) Garden waste removal (£150) Blind (£88 - complete replacement, I'm arguing wear and tear). Cleaning bottom floor but no report on condition of cleaning on check in cause it was done 3 weeks after we moved in! They also had a painter in the house on the last day of tenancy despite us asking him not to be there and he got in the way of the cleaning. I guess the main thing I'm considering when taking it to ADR is the quality of the check in and check out reports as one is unsigned and the check-out is just undated photos basically with no text.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
      X