Landlords estimates for DPS

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Landlords estimates for DPS

Especially for landlords who do their own maintenance. When dealing with the DPS for damages will estimates from oneself be of any use? Are we even allowed to charge for repairs caused by tenants and do the work ourselves? My agent reckons we need to send in invoices.

If you have a valid claim, you are allowed to charge and not do the work at all. If its damage to a table for example thwn the original invoice for the table is helpful. If its for a hole in the wall you may need a builders estimate

Comment

It's often of flawed perception that the DPS and tenants do not seem to want to see the landlord's name on invoices/quotes. We still have to charge for our time and can sometimes do the work cheaper.

Comment

As I said, once you have a sensible figure to give them based, say on a builders estimate, they award you £x for the claim and you are free to do the work yourself or not do it at all

Comment

I won't engage with the b*ggars personally. Landlords are generally awarded so little, it is pretty pointless even paying for inventories. I wonder how long I'll still be able to say this in view of LLZ's new owners?

Acknowledged experts in the sector, Hamilton Fraser also jointly own and operate one of the three UK tenancy deposit protection solutions (Mydeposits) for landlords, letting agents and tenants.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X