False advertisement on room, what can be done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"One of the main reasons I rented the place was because of this fact as I needed fast internet for work etc,"

The av speed in UK is approx. 4.5mbs download, or mine is (adequate).
    Only serious on-line gamers seem to want max speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
      "One of the main reasons I rented the place was because of this fact as I needed fast internet for work etc,"

The av speed in UK is approx. 4.5mbs download, or mine is (adequate).
      Only serious on-line gamers seem to want max speeds.
      Ofcom seem to think it's about 10 times higher - 46.2mbps

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44056617

4.5mbps is not adequate for a lot of people, even those who aren't serious gamers. Many households, for example, have multiple devices that stream video.
      I sometimes copy large files from my work computers to look at at home, 4.5mbps would be painful.

Comment

Then you/T pay to have faster internet installed

Comment

I think its a NIRN thing. (NEED It Right NOW).

Chill a bit, unless you are trading the stock market then 5, or even 60 minutes is not a problem for businesses.

I still have a feeling that this is a course question about 'reasonable expectation'.
          (Which may have been picked up on as a possible way to get out of a TA)

Comment

if you have "used a wired connection to test, and got 15mbps" then you probably have fibre - just not getting anywhere near maximum speeds. Non-fibre speeds generally average 8-12 Mbps iirc.
            Posts on www.adskguide.org should enable you to diagnose exactly what connection you have - their speed test is generally pretty good too.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to How to advertise?
              by landlord-man
              openrent - very cheap to get on Rightmove - and dont need to use them for anything else (though referencing is cheap and effective too)...
              23-01-2021, 13:03 PM
            • How to advertise?
              by bethy
              We have a student house and flat and have only ever advertised them via the university's accommodation service. It's low cost, has no fees to students and to be accepted the property has to be a decent standard. I've just gone online to renew the advert for next year and got a message saying the service...
              21-01-2021, 15:42 PM
            • Reply to demand for 4 bed houses
              by sm1 landlord
              the demand where we operate is huge, we will have over 100 applicants within a week for a 3 bed house, the properties are of a high standard, tenants all levels of income and nationalities, surplus of flats but no houses being built

4 beds not many in our area for rent, they are in the...
              23-01-2021, 12:52 PM
            • demand for 4 bed houses
              by sm1 landlord
              question - our portfolio of houses are 2 and 3 bed

we are buying a fire damaged 3 bed house in a good area which lends it itself to doing a loft conversion due to the fire damage

how do others find demand for a 4 bed house, we do let to u/c claimants with guarantors and a family...
              23-01-2021, 10:52 AM
              by sm1 landlord
              we will consider u/c tenants and the last 3 houses have gone to tenants on u/c (purely a coincidence, they were strong applicants with good guarantors and advance payments) but the LB of Sutton are incompetent and not professional in their dealings, icebergs move faster,...
              23-01-2021, 12:46 PM
            • Reply to Washing machine meter legality
              by landlord-man
              I have a washer and a dryer with a coin meter for each - shared by 4 studio flats.

I purposely went for a basic washing machine which gave a dial for a 30 min or a 60 min wash (other options are available but involve messing with buttons).

I then set the machine at £1 for...
              23-01-2021, 12:39 PM
            • Washing machine meter legality
              by Dreamingofsea
              i have a small hmo non licensable due to locality. It had a meter on the washing machine when I bought it but I disconnected it. I m finding that 1 tenant is doing 2 - 3 washes every day and so obviously is taking advantage of it and also hogging it. I stated in their tenancy agreements fair...
              20-01-2021, 21:16 PM
              by jpkeates
              In which case, I'd be wary.

If you have a family in a house with a "spare" room, there's always the risk that they'll take in a lodger to offset the cost of living and thereby create an HMO without your knowledge.

Otherwise you are limiting your market to people on...
              23-01-2021, 12:38 PM
              by Interlaken
              There are plenty on the housing list who would appreciate a 4 bed to rent. I'm sure your local council is bound to be interested if you were to take tenants from them. As long as you kept the rent 'reasonable' and within social rent payments should be easy to let.
              23-01-2021, 12:38 PM
              by sm1 landlord
              [QUOTE=jpkeates;n1139999]Many residential landlords would avoid 3 bedroom housing because of the risk of it becoming an HMO.
              But this seems to be your actual target market, so presumably you are considering this.

our market has always been families, some tenants have been with...
              23-01-2021, 12:32 PM
            Working...
            X