False advertisement on room, what can be done?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"One of the main reasons I rented the place was because of this fact as I needed fast internet for work etc,"

The av speed in UK is approx. 4.5mbs download, or mine is (adequate).
    Only serious on-line gamers seem to want max speeds.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
      "One of the main reasons I rented the place was because of this fact as I needed fast internet for work etc,"

The av speed in UK is approx. 4.5mbs download, or mine is (adequate).
      Only serious on-line gamers seem to want max speeds.
      Ofcom seem to think it's about 10 times higher - 46.2mbps

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-44056617

4.5mbps is not adequate for a lot of people, even those who aren't serious gamers. Many households, for example, have multiple devices that stream video.
      I sometimes copy large files from my work computers to look at at home, 4.5mbps would be painful.

Comment

Then you/T pay to have faster internet installed

Comment

I think its a NIRN thing. (NEED It Right NOW).

Chill a bit, unless you are trading the stock market then 5, or even 60 minutes is not a problem for businesses.

I still have a feeling that this is a course question about 'reasonable expectation'.
          (Which may have been picked up on as a possible way to get out of a TA)

Comment

if you have "used a wired connection to test, and got 15mbps" then you probably have fibre - just not getting anywhere near maximum speeds. Non-fibre speeds generally average 8-12 Mbps iirc.
            Posts on www.adskguide.org should enable you to diagnose exactly what connection you have - their speed test is generally pretty good too.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
            X