X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooper
    started a topic Corporate lets and right to rent

Corporate lets and right to rent

Is it the company's responsibility to check right to rent of anyone who stays?
    Is it necessary to put that obligation in the contract?
    Am I allowed to let to a foreign company (US in this case) ?

• jpkeates
    replied
    I wouldn't let to a non-UK company, full stop.
    Corporate lets are complicated enough.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Pretty sure you can rent to who you like and as you'd not be landlord of the humans wouldn't be responsible.

But in your shoes I'd have a conversation with home office on the subject & record it just-in-case.
    https://www.gov.uk/check-tenant-righ...s/how-to-check
    Get help with a check

Call the landlord’s helpline to get help with a check.
    Landlord’s helpline
    0300 069 9799
    Monday to Thursday, 9am to 4:45pm
    Friday, 9am to 4:30pm
    https://www.recordyourcall.co.uk/

I would put obligation into contract, albeit don't think it's necessary.

And if & when this US company decline to pay rent or cause damage, who or what will you sue where & how eventually collect, assuming you get judgment in your favour?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Can I ask for a doctors note
    michael james
    Hello, I am looking for advice regarding a tenant who initially told me in December that he had been in hospital for 2 weeks for an operation on his nose and would not be able to pay his rent until January 2017 saying he will have to stay in hospital longer another 2 weeks at their request and as a...
    18-01-2017, 11:39 AM
  • Reply to Can I ask for a doctors note
    michael james
    Hello all, I have phoned the police regarding the room but they are saying it is a civil matter if the tenant occupies the room. They said I could change the locks but they just advised both me and my tenants to phone them if there are any more incidents. My tenants are not going to do this again as...
    23-02-2019, 10:05 AM
  • Gifted appliances
    Commonsense
    I hope I’m ok to ask a question as a tenant here! I have lived in a rented property for almost ten years. It’s rented from a large housing association at market rate rent on an assured shorthold tenancy. Within the rent, we pay a service charge of about £30 a month for maintenance of landscaping,...
    22-02-2019, 10:40 AM
  • Reply to Gifted appliances
    nukecad
    HA's do have to carry out GSC's, although some don't seem to think so and subsequently get into trouble for not doing them:

http://www.agsm.uk.com/as-a-number-o...for-providers/

Even if they remove the appliances and cap off the pipe they still have to have that inspected....
    23-02-2019, 09:49 AM
  • MCOL contested, gone to mediation, no reply from T
    Berlingogirl
    Just a quick question - I made a MCOL, which has gone to meditation due to T's request. If the T does not respond to the mediator to agree the date within the given time does the claim go to an actual court or can I request judgment via MCOL?...
    23-02-2019, 09:30 AM
  • Reply to Gifted appliances
    Berlingogirl
    I'd be interested to know too....
    23-02-2019, 09:22 AM
  • Giving Notice
    jasper74
    Hello, this is my first post.

I am about send a notice to quit to my tenants, they have been there for over 3 years. The tenancy began on the 27th day of the month. My question is, does it have to end on the 27th or can it end on any day of the month, say the 2nd?

Thanks...
    22-02-2019, 20:18 PM
  • Reply to Giving Notice
    mariner
    You think?
    You should also include 'Info reqd from new posters' from the stickies.
    23-02-2019, 04:24 AM
  • Help with bad landlord
    SacreLao
    I have a friend who has rented a property on an assured shorthold tenancy for 3 years now. The tenancy has long expired and so has automatically converted into a periodic tenancy.

Recently following an inspection the boiler in the property was condemned and switched off as a result. She...
    21-02-2019, 16:00 PM
  • Reply to Help with bad landlord
    KeepTheFaith
    She seems to have her own ideas of how the law works, else she is trying to convince you that's how the law works.

You have told her she can't just write that she is putting it up without your friends agreement and your friend doesn't have to leave if she doesn't pay the increase. No need...
    23-02-2019, 01:09 AM
Working...
X