Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deposit protection scheme

Hi
    As per usual looking for some help had a tenant move out in January, left damage ie new carpets with burns in, damaged doors, full house needed painting etc. She had only been in about 8 months and was brand new before she moved in
    The DPS Still have the deposit 6 month later almost, agents now got solicitor to sign something to get it back? As you can tell I use agents so don't know the ins and out of this? As far as I know shes not disputing the dsamage she cant we have inventory before and after
    Any help as usual appreciated
    thanks

There's a single claim process you can use after 3 month's if the tenant doesn't release the deposit but doesn't agree anything either.

There's a form from the deposit protection company that requires a solicitor (or equivalent) to sign with proof of identity to prevent fraudulent claims.
    Takes a couple of weeks to process.

If the agent protected the deposit, they'll have to complete the form.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Yeah forms have been sent, ive got proof that the moneys still in dps, would post pic but obviously got tenants details on. Just seems like its never ending 6 months nearly to get a deposit backs a joke, I think. Thanks for help

Comment

I think that the solicitor bit is that you are swearing an oath that the paperwork you are submitting is truthful to the best of your knowledge, and the solicitor is providing something that says you have sworn the oath in front of them.

That is my recollection from when I went through the process.

Comment

Thanks for that, how long did your process take,it’s not the money it’s the principle. I always pay it straight back if there’s no issues yet im still waiting coming up 6 months. Must be a complaint procedure or something

Comment

If you say that she is not disputing your claim on the deposit, she should have no problem giving you or the agents the deposit repayment code.
            If you have this then the money should be paid back in a matter of days

Comment

Nah she’s just not repkyibg to anything and not responding to anycwsy of contact thanks

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Breach of lease contract
                Tania Genco
                I bought the new leasehold flat refurbished 5 years ago by {Mod name removed}. From last December the building cladding fails to stop the rain water infiltration in my flat. Each rain the water penetrates through the walls and round the windows panels. In February, I sent the disrepair notice to {Mod...
                24-05-2019, 11:13 AM
              • Reply to Breach of lease contract
                Tania Genco
                I think that the cladding is not watertight, can be a latent defect. The problem is how to make builder to repair or correct any defective work. The developer denies any liability for problems have arisen 2 years after completion.
                25-05-2019, 19:00 PM
              • Reply to Breach of lease contract
                Tania Genco
                There is only the damage insurance. No collateral warranty, no NHBC or something similar
                25-05-2019, 18:49 PM
              • New Tenancy Issues
                AXY
                Good Evening All,

I found this forum by a happy accident and would like advice on a tenancy issues on which I am not an well versed in.

I have recently moved into a property which has a few issues that are making my stay as a tenant quite uncomfortable. The landlord was being...
                25-05-2019, 18:22 PM
              • Reply to New Tenancy Issues
                KTC
                The landlord doesn't have to be the owner (however you define it) of the property. Your landlord is whoever granted you the tenancy (i.e. who it says is the landlord on the tenancy agreement).

You have a right to unwind within 90 days of the start of the tenancy but if and only if you signed...
                25-05-2019, 18:32 PM
              • Universal Credit - Rent Arrears - Tenant not paying - Section 8
                funkar
                Hello everyone.

It's about my tenant who was destined to give me trouble.

So, as soon as universal credit started, Rent payments switched to UC from the local council.

My tenant is ever since mostly drunk and enjoying the money which he was supposed to pay me as...
                24-05-2019, 22:02 PM
              • Reply to Universal Credit - Rent Arrears - Tenant not paying - Section 8
                Hudson01
                I think the one real **** up about UC is the fact the govt thought that those in receipt of full HB could be trusted not to drink it all or smoke it all, sadly we know a lot can not handle any form of budgeting and it's this element which is causing most issues, get the tenant out ASAP and think very...
                25-05-2019, 18:15 PM
              • Renewing A Tenancy
                ABC123
                The tenant wants to renew the tenancy for a further fixed term of 3 years (with a break-clause). The current tenancy agreement has some special terms (e.g. the T can remove certain items of furniture but will have to replace them with like-for-like furniture at the end of the tenancy).

24-05-2019, 13:31 PM
              • Reply to Renewing A Tenancy
                Interlaken
                Lots can go wrong/change in 3 years. Never tie yourself up for tenant advantage. Go periodic, if not I'll bet you'll be back on here needing more advice on how to activate a possibly dodgy break clause.
                25-05-2019, 18:02 PM
              • Deposit - Tenant Fees Act 2019
                Pergola
                I'm a landlord and would appreciate if you could advise whether I will be in compliance with the Tenant Fees Act 2019.

I signed a tenancy agreement before 1st June for a tenancy beginning after that date and requested a deposit equal to 6 weeks of rent.

Based on 30(1)(b),...
                14-04-2019, 08:55 AM
              Working...
              X