Got a possession order , tenant wants to re-supply prescibed info, shall I

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a possession order , tenant wants to re-supply prescibed info, shall I

I got a possession order on the discretionary ground. A day later, tenant called and said he couldn't find the EPC and 'how to rent' booklet which I have given to him and he has signed. Asked me to supply to him urgently. I am wondering if I should re-supply them to him? Can I charge £10 for admin? Is he trying challenge the order? Is he playing any trick? Please please help me. The battle seems just goes on, seems never end, so exausting!

What possible interest could he have in the EPC now, other than as a stick to hit you with?

I would not send him anything except a letter from the bailiff.

Comment

He can get the EPC from the publicly available EPC register.

He can get the right to rent booklet from the publicly available .gov website.

He's probably trying to catch you out and make you panic that you didn't serve the info correctly in the first place.

I'd just carry on with your possession process.

Comment

He's been wrongly advised that these relate to the repossession notice.

Give them to him. Why not?
        Include a copy of his signed confirmation that he'd received them.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post

Give them to him. Why not?
          He'll be hoping the EPC is under an E.

Comment

Thanks, all. JK0, theEPC is under E, is there going to be a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Gfl View Post
              Thanks, all. JK0, theEPC is under E, is there going to be a problem?
              Not as long as you don't shoot yourself in the foot, by sending him one.

Seriously, no, you'll be okay as long as no new tenancy or periodic tenancy starts after 1/4/18. I believe that's the correct date.

Comment

If you are sure you have already served them then don't send them again. He may try to say that he's only just received them.

Comment

Thanks very much for your advice, JK0. Yeah, I read that it only comes into effect for existing tenant after 1/4/2020. Is that ok to give him theEPC ? as i agreed over the phone, feel bad to break my promise but if it's going to set myself on fire, I have to break it

Comment

The guy obviously wants the information to launch some sort of appeal. Even if you win the appeal, that is still going to set you back in time, isn't it? Therefore, why help him to appeal?

Edit: Also, what Kape 65 said.

Comment

Supply him with dated EPC registered for that address and charge him £10 before GDPR takes effect on 25thMay.

Comment

Originally posted by mariner View Post
                        Supply him with dated EPC registered for that address and charge him £10 before GDPR takes effect on 25thMay.
                        Is that your considered opinion based on posts #1 to #10, or have you only read the first one?

Comment

Thanks to all, really appreciated. JK0, good point. Yeah, I agree.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
                          X