Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenant Deposit

I've just registered a tenant's deposit online and printed the document
    Is it best to post this to them with proof of postage, email it to them or get them to sign for it?
    Thank you

If you can get them to sign a copy and give back, do so. If not, some other method by which you can evidence that you've given the information.
    I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by AnthonyLHD View Post
      I've just registered a tenant's deposit online and printed the document
      Is it best to post this to them with proof of postage, email it to them or get them to sign for it?
      Thank you
      I usually arrange to drop by with it and check how they are getting on at the same time. This way, you get your signed copy. Important to have if they choose to claim otherwise later on.

Comment

You can email it to them if your lease contains a clause saying something like:

You agree that the service of notices, Rent Increase Notices, the How to Rent Guide, Gas Safety Inspection Report, Energy Performance Certificate, and Prescribed Information in relation to the government approved tenancy deposit scheme may be served on you by email. Your email address for these purposes is: Tenant 1: Email address:

Otherwise, it'd be best to post and get them to sign for it.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
        X