Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Renting with ccj

I just moved for a new job
    i have found a place I wanted to rent , but because it was a new job I said to the estate agents that I would pay the 6 month rent in full .

They then did a credit check on me and I failed , I have 2 CCJ. I paid these off last year . But I did not know they showed up even if you paid them for 6 years

I did not get the place because of this

Is there anything I can do about finding a new place ?

Other places before , just wanted 3 months of bank records to show I was in a steady job

Be upfront about it. There's many landlords that would say no, but some will consider you but not if it seems like you were hiding it.
    I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

If starting a new job, you can be 'let go' at short notice, at any time during your probationary period. I CCJ in 6 years is 'unfortunate', but 2 may be difficult for a reasonable LL/LA to accept.

Comment

Having a reasonable story about the ccjs and the fact you've paid them off would be a plus.
        But, like Mariner, two is more than I'd be happy with.
        When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
        Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

How did you manage to achieve the CCJs? A CCJ is not a "thing" - did you not pay your TV license, or did you not pay rent, or did you trash a couple of properties. I also ask straightforward questions about past misdeeds and record before even considering a formal examination of the records -- did you tell a porky pie?

Be aware that getting CCJs is not a good thing.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
          X