X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HJ21
    started a topic Landlord's address on tenancy agreeemnt

Landlord's address on tenancy agreeemnt

I live quite near to my flats and have had some problems with criminal tenants so I am considering withholding my personal address from new tenants. Of course they have my phone number and email address for speedy communication with me. I am thinking of subscribing to a PO type address on the tenancy agreements such as MailBoxes Etc which would read as, for example, My name, Suite 64, Box 115, Branch address.." I am wondering if the agreement would still be legally valid. I am not a company and so cannot use a registered company address.

• Berlingogirl
    replied
    No, banks don't offer this service anymore.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    Years ago, my father used to pick up his tenant mail at Barclays Bank. I wonder if they still offer that service.

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Originally posted by KTC View Post
    On the tenant's written demand, you (or anyone who demand or received rent from the tenant on your behalf) are required to provide the landlord's name and address. Address means a person’s place of abode or place of business. Failure to comply within 21 days is a criminal offence with a maximum fine of £2,500.
    On the other hand, I've never heard of anyone ever being prosecuted for this offence.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    It would be easier not to select criminal tenants.

These days with t'InterNet, social media it's easy to find people anyway. Plus Land registry deeds for £3.

Don't be shy!

Leave a comment:

• KTC
    replied
    (Assuming you're talking about a tenancy in England & Wales)

You are required to notify your tenant of an address within England and Wales at which notices may be served on you by the tenant, or no rent is legally due. A PO Box is fine for such a purpose. However....

On the tenant's written demand, you (or anyone who demand or received rent from the tenant on your behalf) are required to provide the landlord's name and address. Address means a person’s place of abode or place of business. Failure to comply within 21 days is a criminal offence with a maximum fine of £2,500.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• The End of Section 21
    KTC
    https://nearlylegal.co.uk/2019/04/th...of-section-21/

tl;dr : Both Conservatives and Labour in England, and the government in Wales now has as its policy going forward of abolishing no fault (i.e. s21) evictions.
    15-04-2019, 00:20 AM
  • Reply to The End of Section 21
    Hudson01
    This idea and others along the same lines are exactly why its highly likely my tenants will be seeking other premises, i am not paying a tenant money to leave MY property when i have done nothing wrong, if they want the kind of security i have as a home owner..... buy a house. It may sound harsh but...
    18-04-2019, 12:46 PM
  • Long tenancy, minor points on c/out, LL witholding deposit
    SPW
    I've been renting for years in a few properties all over and I have never had any disputes over my deposits ever. We're good tenants. I've just moved and this LL is going to make vexatious claims against my deposit. I have Agent on my side. Their inspection report was glowing apart from a couple of...
    18-04-2019, 12:43 PM
  • Can we follow the German model?
    midlandslandlord
    A thought experiment.

The standard practice is Germany for long term rental is to rent a shell, and T supplies kitchen and bathroom (and carpets?).

Given that we and our tenants are just being .. er .. fooked over by another crazy set of rules wrt fees and prevention of recovery...
    18-04-2019, 07:28 AM
  • Reply to Can we follow the German model?
    DPT57
    This sort of model, which of course only really applies to family lets, requires the tenants to accept that they are going to be tenants for many years if not life and accept the property as their settled home for a good chunk of that time. I dont think we have enough tenants with that sort of mindset...
    18-04-2019, 12:30 PM
  • Landlord trying to keep deposit
    cherrie
    My former landlord and letting agent are trying to withheld my deposit. (England 12month AST).
    They are trying to claim I caused damage to the carpets and walls but this damage actually belongs to the second flat in the same building and was caused by the previous tenant of that flat who left...
    15-04-2019, 18:04 PM
  • Reply to Landlord trying to keep deposit
    MdeB
    You appear to be saying that there are two identical flats in the building and that they do not share any common facilities.

You further appear to be saying that the other flat was vacated 4 months ago and left in a poor state, AND that the Agent is using photos of that flat to claim money...
    18-04-2019, 12:24 PM
    jpkeates
    It would depend on the wording, but generally speaking the tenancy agreement documents the terms of the tenancy and doesn't have an existance separate to it.
    It's not helpful that in England, land law and contract law operate slightly differently, but the idea (for example) that the contractual...
    18-04-2019, 12:12 PM
    MdeB
    Yes, the tenancy ends, but what about the contract?

The contract says that it will continue beyond the fixed term unless notice is served to prevent that.
    Shelter seem to believe that if the contract says T must give notice, then LL has a case if T does not.(https://england.shelt...
    18-04-2019, 11:52 AM
    MdeB
    You did exactly what your contract required, so notice is deemed served.

You may wish to point this out to them....
    18-04-2019, 11:42 AM
Working...
X