Section 8 Procedure

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section 8 Procedure

Hello everyone.

I was just wondering if someone can assist with a query I have. I served a section 8 notice which expired about 2 months ago. I have delayed issuing proceedings due due to unrealted matters but now wish to proceed. Will I have to re-serve the notice or can I still use the same one to issue proceedings.

Thank you.

(Assuming the stated ground is still valid) Form 3 itself clearly states "After the date shown in section 5, court proceedings may be begun at once but not later than 12 months from the date on which this notice is served. After this time the notice will lapse and a new notice must be served before possession can be sought."
    I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

Thank you KTC. I had completely missed that note in the notice.

Thanks again.

Latest Activity

• Unauthorised lodger
        I have a lady tenant who has invited a lodger into my rented property. He stays for 4 nights per week and pays her directly for his room. Should I add him to the lead tenants agreement or just leave him as her house guest and do nothing? My tenant has been in the property for 10 month's on a AST agreement....
        23-03-2018, 14:18 PM
      • Reply to Unauthorised lodger
        Thank you for your replies.
        23-03-2018, 18:29 PM
      • Would you let tenants paint?
        I have just been asked by my lettings agents whether the tenants can do some painting, in order to freshen up the paint work.

I have asked for more information as to what they want to do, and I’m yet to have a response, I have been told it would be neutral colours. However the main living...
        23-03-2018, 15:46 PM
      • Reply to Would you let tenants paint?
        they have said neutral colours but I can just see it being dulux sexy pink!...
        23-03-2018, 17:17 PM
        Sam_cat - They have been in nearly a year, always paid on time. They want to be there long term, they have said about 10 years.

I have asked the agent for more information about what their painting plans are and they have not got back in touch, I am also not too happy with the agent at...
        23-03-2018, 17:16 PM
        Many housing associations allow their tenants to decorate- 'freedom of expression', 'turning houses into homes', 'stake in the community' and other such b******s.
        One of the biggest causes of voids between tenancies in social housing is returning the decoration to 'fit for human habitation' when...
        23-03-2018, 17:05 PM

Tenants don't fill or sand down, decorate in garish colours, using gloss in inappropriate places, getting paint on floors, radiators, windows etc.
        23-03-2018, 16:50 PM
        That, unfortunately, is a piece of string question.

Are they good tenants? Been in long? Pay on time? Expect them to be their a while?
        What decorating are they looking to do? Whole rooms or just a feature wall here and there?

If they are good and you want to keep them,...
        23-03-2018, 16:40 PM
        Nope! As a rule of thumb, people are not as good at painting as they think they are. When they do a poor job you just have the embuggerance of decorating it after they leave - cost plus deposit arguments.

As for acceptable amounts of time - whenever the place needs it.
        23-03-2018, 16:37 PM
        That’s the thing in my opinion it’s not looking tired, there may be a few scuff marks here and there from moving furniture and general wear and tear nothing out of the ordinary. The painting was done for pretty much the whole of the downstairs back in 2015 after an insurance claim to fix a ruptured...
        23-03-2018, 16:32 PM