DPS statutory declaration form

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DPS statutory declaration form

I have a made request through the Internet to the DPS more than two weeks ago for the return of my deposit.

I have phoned to the DPS so that they send me a Statutory Declaration Form at my address which should be signed by a solicitor. Unfortunately the DPS has sent me the wrong form because it has sent me a Deposit Return Request Form-Single Tenant even though I have already made my request for a return of my deposit more than two weeks and what I need is a Statutory Declaration Form but not a Deposit Return Request Form-Single Tenant.

I can phoned again to the DPS requesting they send me the right form but this will cost against money because the call phone specially that last time I phoned there was a long waiting list. Moreover there is the risk that the DPS send me again the wrong form.

I have seen in the DPS website that we can download a Statutory Declaration Form from the Internet but I have some difficulties to find the website from which I can download this document.

Hence I would like to know if someone know in which webisite we can download a Statutory Declaration Form and I supposed that it should be one which is special for the DPS

If you were a tenant, that's the right form (I think).
    If you were a landlord, it's not and you'll have to get one from the dps.
    When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
    Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

If the form that the DPS sent me is the right form there is something that I have not understood because I have shown it to a solicitor who told me that he cannot sign it because it is not a Statutory Declaration Form.

This document sent wrongly to me by the DPS is the Deposit Return Request Form-Single Tenant that I have already filled through the Internet when I made my initial request to be paid back my deposit more than two weeks ago and because my landlord has not replied this gives me the right to be paid back my deposit by sending a Statutory Declaration Form to the DPS which should be signed by a solicitor. It is why I would like to know if someone know how to download this document from the Internet

Comment

I have found out that I need to fill a Statutory Declaration Form which should be signed by a solicitor in the following website

https://www.depositprotection.com/le...ation-process/

Comment

I phoned a second time to the DPS requesting a second time to be sent a Statutory Declaration Form but they have a second time sent me the wrong form by post. And the DPS told me that it cannot sent me a Statutory Declaration Form by email. Hence what can I do? Do you know how to find this document in the Internet?

Comment

Were you the tenant?
            If so, I think that's the correct form.

A "statutory declaration" is a general description of a type of document, not the name of a particular form.
            When I post, I am expressing an opinion - feel free to disagree, I have been wrong before.
            Please don't act on my suggestions without checking with a grown-up (ideally some kind of expert).

Comment

I imagine that you can simply improvise the form.

Start with http://d-w-s.co.uk/what-is-a-statutory-declaration/ for how to make it a statutory declaration, and add the information in item (6) on https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga...0/paragraph/4B

If you take it to a solicitor, rather than a commissioner for oaths, they can presumably check it is valid, as well as witnessing it.

Comment

If you are a landlord or tenant who wants a DPS deposit to be transferred to them (because the other party/parties aren't co-operating) you need to use the appropriate DPS form.

It is a statutory declaration (generically), but it also specifically asks for the deposit to be transferred and confirms where to send it.

Comment

As I read schedule 10, there are three parts to this:

1) Wording and procedures required of any statutory declaration;

2) Specific statements (e.g. about the inability to recover from the landlord) required by by schedule 10, when recovering from the DPS;

3) The information that would have been sent to the landlord, in the original request.

It sound like the DPS is only sending something that covers item (3) above.

I didn't read far enough to see if the DPS can insist on your using their forms for item (3), but it seemed to me that they can't do so for (1) and (2), although it would be in their interests to volunteer such a form.

Comment

I've used the landlord version - it covers all of the requirements (I think, I've not specifically cross checked each one).
                    It's a two page document.

While I agree that the legislation doesn't mean that an organisation has to use its own document, there's nothing to say that it can't.

And why would you bother creating your own?
                    It takes far less time to request a copy, which arrives in a couple of days and no one at the DPS is going to have to work out if it's valid or not.

Worked exactly as it was meant to in my case.

Comment

can you tell how to attach this document because I try but it is too big

Comment

I think that the wrong form which was sent to me twice is the form that is used by people who do not have access to Internet to make a request for the return of the deposit

I try to send it to you as an attachment so that you see it but it is too big even though it is only two-page long

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                          Were you the tenant?

Comment

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
                            Does it contain the words:
                            I make this solemn declaration conscientiously believing the same to be true, and by virtue of the provisions of the Statutory Declarations Act 1835
                            https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga.../62/schedule/1

If it doesn't, it can't be a statutory declaration, so can't be the right form.

I suspect it is only item (3) in my list.

Comment

It does not contain these words so it is not the right document.

The DPS has sent me twice the wrong document and I wondering if the DPS is not in the side of the landlord. I do not know how to get this form. I made a complaint to the DPS but I do not know how long it will take. All this is delaying the refund of my deposit and it costing me in phone calls and time.

I would like to know if someone has already received a 'statutory declaration form' from the DPS and if he can send me a copy of it and in changing the details maybe I can use it and send it to the DPS

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• End of tenancy checks
                                Kate foster
                                hello all,
                                i am having a slight issue. When I let the property the toilet seat was white which matched the black and white bathroom. The tenant without discussing with me first changed the toilet seat to a greenish colour to match their showercurtain.
                                the seat does not look good and I want...
                                15-12-2018, 19:58 PM
                              • Tenancy agreement
                                Kate foster
                                Please can someone advice me on the following situation. I am renting out a one bed house for monthly rent of 650 pounds. A couple are very interested and jointly they both earn 52k which covers the full rent. One of them earns 35 k and they have been honest and said that the girl has issues with her...
                                07-12-2018, 21:26 PM
                              • Reply to Tenancy agreement
                                Kate foster
                                Thank you all for your replies and sharing your experiences. Has definitely helped me and as the tenant didn’t want to be credit referenced they decided to not go ahead. I have fortunately found new tenants who have passed all referencing. Thank you all 😊👍
                                15-12-2018, 19:51 PM
                              • A bit of a mess
                                Procrastinating
                                Hi,

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help. My reason for posting is that my wife has found herself in a bit of a mess with her pre-marital home which is in Wales. When she moved out she let the property, initially to a friend of a relative. It seemed like a stroke of luck so when...
                                15-12-2018, 01:29 AM
                              • Reply to A bit of a mess
                                JK0
                                Is the situation irretrievable if o/p's wife does the training and gets the license now, guys?
                                15-12-2018, 18:02 PM
                              • section 21 and how to rent guide
                                lavy
                                Hi do you have to serve an up to date how to rent guide when a tenancy moves to a periodic tenancy from a standard 6 months tenancy or is the original how to rent guide sufficient in order to serve a valid section 21 notice...
                                09-12-2018, 10:11 AM
                              • Reply to section 21 and how to rent guide
                                KTC
                                No, that's a "if you give the document right at the start of the tenancy, the question never comes up" reply.

As Giles stated in his reply to you, while the Secretary of State may make relevant regulations and the power of the Secreatry of State was transferred,...
                                15-12-2018, 14:15 PM
                              • Heating
                                lsmt971
                                Hi

I have a three bed terrace which is split into two flats. The council have just made an inspection and although everything is ok, they have picked up on the fact the property only contains one combi boiler located in flat 1. This also serves flat 2 who regulate their heating via the...
                                15-12-2018, 10:02 AM
                              • Reply to Heating
                                MdeB
                                Hot water supply for baths, etc., may also be an issue.
                                15-12-2018, 13:37 PM
                              • Reply to Heating
                                lsmt971
                                I'll see what council hit me with and take it from there, maybe just as well long term to take the plunge with a new boiler although the tenants are happy with the way it is if a separate control is a lot cheaper!!
                                15-12-2018, 13:16 PM
                              Working...
                              X