How long does court awarded possession stay valid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long does court awarded possession stay valid?

Hello folks... after a little advice if possible please?

I submitted my court papers (section 21 route with all appropriate documents) at the end of January and received a letter back from the courts instructing me it would be deemed served on the 1st of February and that the defendants had until the 14th to lodge any appeal.
    however on the 7th I received another letter back from the courts confirming that the T had agreed to pay the court fees and that possession was awarded with a date of February 15th given as date of tenancy termination.
    since then the T have contacted me requesting a little more time to get their affairs in order and vacate?
    so 3 things I'd like to know.
    1) how long does this judgment last? Ie could I still apply for the bailiffs next week, next month, next year? Etc
    2) what form do I need to submit to instruct bailiffs?
    3) how do I enforce the award of receiving the court fee's?

thank you in advance

I believe the possession order is valid for up to 6 years

Comment

1.) I believe it's only a year.
      2.) Complete this in triplicate and send to court with fee: https://formfinder.hmctsformfinder.j...k/n325-eng.pdf
      3.) Deduct from deposit?

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Changing rent due
        Mandyjane333
        My tenant wants to change rental date due from 14th to 24th of each month. Am I correct that the apportionment due is 10 days the tenant agrees but estate agent dealin with the admin is saying 13 days
        23-10-2018, 12:18 PM
      • Reply to Changing rent due
        theartfullodger
        Put nothing in writing. Agree change informally. Don't have payment to cover change of date.
        23-10-2018, 14:57 PM
      • Tenants possessions once they have been evicted
        ash72
        Two questions, on when a tenant has left the property but left their things.

1. What happens if some of the items are food, which will perish within a few days/week can you throw these away? Or do you have follow the letter of the law and keep them for up to 3 months if they owe you rent...
        22-10-2018, 20:55 PM
      • Reply to Tenants possessions once they have been evicted
        ash72
        I would advise, prior to throwing anything away, you need to 1. use a tracing company to locate the tenant, once you have proof that the tenant isn't found then you can dispose of the goods (this safe guards you from any retaliation) 2. You need to photo and do an inventory of the items, this also protects...
        23-10-2018, 14:52 PM
      • S21 rent arrears
        Colourful30
        Hi
        I issued my tenant with a section 21 notice which finishes on 23rd November 2018 - this was issued due to rent arrears.

I received a text yesterday from my tenant to say he has received keys for another property and would have moved all of his belongings out on Thursday...
        23-10-2018, 10:08 AM
      • Reply to S21 rent arrears
        KTC
        That raises a good point. Section 21C only applies to rent that "has [been] paid rent in advance for that period". It says nothing of rent which was due in advance for the period but unpaid. But then, whatever the calculation, the chance of you actually seeing the money is slim anyway.
        23-10-2018, 14:29 PM
      • Rentlord
        privacy78
        Hi,

I have been thinking about streamlining how I rent my portfolio and came across Rentlord.com. I was wondering if anyone had any experience of the Platform/if anyone is impressed by their offering.

Best,
        Privacy78...
        Rentlord is for Landlords and Managing Agents to do their work easily.
        23-10-2018, 12:54 PM
      • Reply to Rentlord
        privacy78
        Aha, thanks Skay! They must make no money because their prices looked cheap to me too!
        23-10-2018, 13:59 PM
      • AST and periodic tenancy
        skay2
        Hi all,

This is my first post and my first BTL experience.

I bought a new built flat from a developer in England last year. The Lease Agreement stipulated that I need the freeholderā€™s consent to let it. The request was granted without any mention of extra fees. I found a...
        22-10-2018, 21:51 PM
      • Reply to AST and periodic tenancy
        skay2
        Re New Freeholder's admin charges

I just spent some time re reading the section under Assignment and Undertetting in the Lease, there is this clause which I suspect gives the new freeholder the right to impose admin charge?

"Within one month of any assignment, underletting...
        23-10-2018, 13:38 PM
      Working...
      X