• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhymond
    started a topic Water billing and agreement price change

Water billing and agreement price change

Hello,

Together with my Fiance we found a flat we want to rent on Rightmove. Flat rent price was 595 a month and after hand shake with letting agent we go through reference check. After check Agency told us that we need to pay 25 pounds more every month because of water bill which they weren't aware of. They said sorry about it and send us new contract with 620. They told us that there is no meter reading and whole block is paying like this. I'm ok to pay for my water bills, but if they knew about fixed price before why it's not in the contract? And at the same time not it included in price on Rightmove? Is that price should be seperate? Can agency/Landord charge me for water?

Thank you

• AndrewDod
    replied
    £25/month is a pretty average water bill for a flat on a meter, and on the low side if there is no meter. How or who did you imagine was going to pay for your water. I guess it is not part of your rent (though that may be simpler) - but it is a payment for water useage?

Sounds a good deal to me, but I guess you could back out of the tenancy.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    What difference does it make whether you pay the landlord or water company?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Rental deposit
    Cadbury1
    Looking for advice , I signed a 12 month rental with my boyfriend , we each paid 900 pounds deposit to the deposit company . He moved out 6 months later to live with another woman, but continued to pay half the rent until the lease finished. I have messages from him saying he did not want his deposit...
    20-02-2019, 23:40 PM
  • Reply to Rental deposit
    mariner
    This was a joint T, when any remaining deposit should have been paid to 'lead T' for onward distribution.
    I might suggest ex b/f may like to sue me for his share of remaining deposit, if I did not want to reimburse him 900. quid.
    21-02-2019, 05:16 AM
  • Debt Collection
    Sweepiecat
    Can anybody help please. I own a flat that is fully managed by a letting agency I’ve dealt with for 12 years. I received a letter from a debt collection agency asking me to ring them. I phoned them today and have found out there is an outstanding bill (which has been sold to the debt collection agency)...
    18-02-2019, 22:53 PM
  • Reply to Debt Collection
    mariner
    Ask B Gas for copy of who signed signed the supply Contract & date.
    Supply B Gas with copy of T dated AST and meter readings.
    You are liable for any unsubstaniated void periods. Ts were aware of your lack of experience.
    21-02-2019, 04:12 AM
  • necessary notices and permissions for a boiler relocation in a flat
    brianthelandlord
    Hi all,

I hope I chose the relevant forum to post my query to - please forgive me and correct me if I am wrong.

My rental flat's (one of 22 'executive-style' flats in a 2-block development built in 1999) boiler stopped serving hot water to my tenants a week ago. I had a boiler...
    20-02-2019, 20:29 PM
  • Reply to necessary notices and permissions for a boiler relocation in a flat
    MdeB
    You are unlikely to get permission for a hole in the wall sooner than you can get a roofer to replace the roof vent.
    21-02-2019, 00:09 AM
  • Reply to Debt Collection
    Sweepiecat
    Thanks for the replies. The letting agent has said they absolutely did not put the bill in my name. It seems as if the previous tenant has put the bill in my name (from the tenancy agreement) including their arrears, which is why the bill is high for an empty flat for one month. Surely this is frau...
    20-02-2019, 23:55 PM
  • who is responsible for the broken fridge/freezer
    cg18
    I moved in a flat last Tuesday. I found the fridge is not cool enough but the freezer works well. However, on Saturday the fridge/freezer didn't work. Foods in freezer began to thaw. The shelf in freezer is much warmer than the other part.

I contacted with the agency and they said I should...
    19-02-2019, 17:35 PM
  • Reply to who is responsible for the broken fridge/freezer
    MdeB
    If it is on the inventory and there is nothing to say that the T is responsible, then I would say it is the LL's responsibility.

Personally I have only ever provided fridges and freezers on the basis that if they break, then the T repairs and the T can then take it away with them.
    20-02-2019, 23:35 PM
  • Possession Order after s8
    Tassie Girl
    Hi All

Our tenants were given notice and we went to court to regain possession. This has been granted by the County Court and she was supposed to leave ysterday. While I believe the tenants have moved out, I also believe there are still a few odd belongings there. At what point can I (or...
    19-02-2019, 08:27 AM
Working...
X