• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rhymond
    started a topic Water billing and agreement price change

Water billing and agreement price change

Hello,

Together with my Fiance we found a flat we want to rent on Rightmove. Flat rent price was 595 a month and after hand shake with letting agent we go through reference check. After check Agency told us that we need to pay 25 pounds more every month because of water bill which they weren't aware of. They said sorry about it and send us new contract with 620. They told us that there is no meter reading and whole block is paying like this. I'm ok to pay for my water bills, but if they knew about fixed price before why it's not in the contract? And at the same time not it included in price on Rightmove? Is that price should be seperate? Can agency/Landord charge me for water?

Thank you

• AndrewDod
    replied
    £25/month is a pretty average water bill for a flat on a meter, and on the low side if there is no meter. How or who did you imagine was going to pay for your water. I guess it is not part of your rent (though that may be simpler) - but it is a payment for water useage?

Sounds a good deal to me, but I guess you could back out of the tenancy.

Leave a comment:

• JK0
    replied
    What difference does it make whether you pay the landlord or water company?

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Eviction notice s21
    Propertygoesup
    I refer to the checklist here:
    https://markprichard.co.uk/content/d...ecker-tool.pdf
    ​​​​​​The AST began in July 2015 and was 12 months. Nothing has been signed since.
    On question 6 I am not sure which answer to follow.
    There is a mention...
    18-09-2019, 21:32 PM
  • Reply to Eviction notice s21
    JK0
    It refers to 'The tenancy'. If it meant 'when did periodic tenancy start' it would have said so.
    19-09-2019, 10:05 AM
    Propertygoesup
    The AST began before the October 15 date but the spt began after (July 16) so not sure which option to choose on the flowchart
    19-09-2019, 10:02 AM
  • licensee vs tenant
    imjustbait
    i have been given 14 days notice -

i asked my friend for help and to sort things out if possible, as he works in lettings etc -

he said to be this is a licensee contract not an (AST) one - (i didnt know)

basically, i want to know what rights i have to...
    07-02-2019, 20:58 PM
  • Reply to licensee vs tenant
    jpkeates
    You need to avoid this way of thinking.
    There is zero possibility of a set of circumstances arising where you don't owe rent while you are living in this property.

In fact your argument that it's a tenancy depends on it, because if rent wasn't due, it's not a tenancy.

19-09-2019, 09:51 AM
    jpkeates
    Unless your tenancy agreement contains terms that indicate that the tenancy has no fixed term that ends, but has an initial term of 12 months that then continues, after the 12 months fixed term, a new periodic tenancy began.

That's the statutory periodic tenancy....
    19-09-2019, 09:38 AM
  • Gov allowing tenants to buy PRS housing
    Berlingogirl
    I've just heard on the Andrew Marr show that if somebody gets in (I wasn't listening fully so I don't know who it was, I've no doubt somebody on here can name that person), they will allow tenants to buy their PRS property at a price that means the landlord will not lose out.

Surely this...
    08-09-2019, 08:25 AM
  • Reply to Gov allowing tenants to buy PRS housing
    jpkeates
    That's a fallacy.

In some sense, it's possible to argue that nothing is knowable.
    But that's not a viable way of going through life.
    There's no 100% certainty that the sun will rise tomorrow, but it almost certainly will, so you'd better be prepared to get up and go to work....
    19-09-2019, 09:26 AM
  • WITHOUT PREJUDICE email
    Jeremyst
    Hi, I proposed to settle pre trial in a WITHOUT PREJUDICE headed email to the other party. They refused to settle.

Am I permitted to make the judge aware that I tried to settle in a WITHOUT PREJUDICE email, but this wasn’t agreed to? Or is it the case that because my email was headed...
    18-09-2019, 22:57 PM
  • Reply to WITHOUT PREJUDICE email
    AndrewDod
    What sort of case is this. If a "small claims case" that you are dealing with yourself (and so is the other side) whether you tried to mediate/settle etc is not that relevant. Normally you might bring it up where costs are discussed.

If you win then you win -- what you agreed...
    19-09-2019, 09:22 AM
Working...
X