Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Water billing and agreement price change

Hello,

Together with my Fiance we found a flat we want to rent on Rightmove. Flat rent price was 595 a month and after hand shake with letting agent we go through reference check. After check Agency told us that we need to pay 25 pounds more every month because of water bill which they weren't aware of. They said sorry about it and send us new contract with 620. They told us that there is no meter reading and whole block is paying like this. I'm ok to pay for my water bills, but if they knew about fixed price before why it's not in the contract? And at the same time not it included in price on Rightmove? Is that price should be seperate? Can agency/Landord charge me for water?

Thank you

What difference does it make whether you pay the landlord or water company?

Comment

£25/month is a pretty average water bill for a flat on a meter, and on the low side if there is no meter. How or who did you imagine was going to pay for your water. I guess it is not part of your rent (though that may be simpler) - but it is a payment for water useage?

Sounds a good deal to me, but I guess you could back out of the tenancy.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Convoluted landlord issues (tenant)
        Chris49
        Good morning everybody, hope you are all enjoying the bank holiday.

Sorry that this will likely be a very long post, I would like to put all the details on the table.

To start I moved into my current house share last year in August. Prior to moving in the advertisement has...
        26-05-2018, 10:54 AM
      • Reply to Convoluted landlord issues (tenant)
        KTC
        Who is listed as landlord in the tenancy agreement?

If the person you are living with is not listed, then the fact that he is a brother of the landlord is irrelevant and you are a tenant assuming you're not in some converted flat and the landlord live elsewhere in the same building or similar....
        26-05-2018, 11:14 AM
      • PAT Testing
        wotsitallabout
        Hello, the house is an hmo and let to tenants. Does the electrician have to NICEIC qualified or is City and Guilds ok please?

Regards, nice weekend to you all.
        19-05-2018, 10:49 AM
      • Reply to PAT Testing
        wotsitallabout
        Thank you everyone, the HSE web page is good, Nukecad.
        Regards to all.
        26-05-2018, 11:08 AM
      • Reply to Convoluted landlord issues (tenant)
        jpkeates
        Unless the brother is named on the tenancy agreement as landlord (or joint landlord), his residence in the property won't change anything relating to the AST.

Whether you have an AST depends on what you rent. So, if you rent a room in a house with exclusive access - and have access to common...
        26-05-2018, 11:08 AM
      • Tenancy break up
        Captain Birdseye
        Hi hope someone can help with this situation.

Tenants have been with me for over a year and signed joint tenancy. Now on a periodic tenancy the lead tenant has given me 1 months notice to vacate the property due to relationship break down. The other person wishes to stay in the property...
        26-05-2018, 10:49 AM
      • Reply to Tenancy break up
        KTC
        Assuming statutory periodic and not contractual periodic with terms otherwise. If the tenant's notice was a valid notice to quit (in writing, at least one month if paying monthly, ending on the first or last day of a period of tenancy), then the tenancy would end on the notice expiry.

If...
        26-05-2018, 11:07 AM
      • Reply to Tenancy break up
        jpkeates
        If there is a joint tenancy, the notice by the exiting tenant's notice ends the tenancy (when it expires and assuming it was valid).
        That ends the tenancy for both of them and the other person will have to leave when the notice expires.

If they don't leave, they will theoretically...
        26-05-2018, 11:01 AM
      • Attic conversion liability issues
        Col13
        Hi, I am new to the letting business, and have just come into possession of a terraced house that I intend to let rather than sell. The attic in the house I am about to let out was converted 35 years ago, without building control or planning. Its fine, but doesnt satisfy modern regs in terms of fire...
        26-05-2018, 10:18 AM
      • Dispute with landlord over deposit
        MarieMB
        I have recently moved out of a property and requested my deposit back (£2000) from my landlord which has been protected in My Deposits scheme. I paid rent every month on time and gave him the correct amount of notice prior to moving out. I left the flat clean and received an email response from him...
        13-05-2018, 20:47 PM
      Working...
      X