Mice problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mice problem

I own a new build property which is a semi. There is 3 other houses attached to it. So 4 in a row. All properties have a back garden. At the back of the back garden is a woodland area owned by the council. For years the four properties have got mice. They have been baited up numerous times on many occasions. Even all at same time. The lofts are joined in the properties .

I found out where the mice was getting in on the properties. Their are 3 vents on the semis on each end and 2 vents on the terraced . I mouse proofed my vents as they could run right in and I also sealed around my soffit where the wall meets as the builders had not sealed them on the build.

I even got the woodland area at back cut down with council which took hard work.

I have informed the landlord who I know who owns the other properties that he needs to do his vents and seal gutters as they will keep getting in his loft then into my loft . I even offered to do it once for free and he said its ok he will get his maintenance man to do it. This never happened and he keep letting his properties out with mice.

Is their anything I can do to get him to seal up as this has been going on for 5 years ?

Thanks

Try getting his tenants to put pressure on him, perhaps by reporting it to environmental health.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Suicide of tenant
      NickCanterbury
      I rented out my house while working in Europe. One of my tenants commited suicide about three weeks ago and after a several days or more the other two tenants were worried and got the police to break down the door of his room and find his body. A tragedy that has obviously upset me enormously but without...
      17-06-2019, 16:34 PM
    • Reply to Suicide of tenant
      KTC
      It has to be actively disclosed by the seller, not just answered truthfully when asked. Not entirely clear for how long though.
      17-06-2019, 18:28 PM
    • Company lets
      paulamis
      My company are bringing in some Indian nationals for a few months training.

Secretary went and asked local agents and was fobbed off with nonsense like, "has to be an AST and the law says min 1 yr", I guess the agents don't need the complication.
      17-06-2019, 11:41 AM
    • Reply to Company lets
      JK0
      Oh, well good luck with that. ...
      17-06-2019, 18:26 PM
    • dispute with council over council tax
      halfax
      i have been billed for council tax for a property that was rent out. the tenant also ran a pub. he left last november , i told the council he had gone and informed them when the new tenant moved in . they billed me for when the property was empty. and i paid that bill . now 8 moths later the tenat...
      15-06-2019, 16:31 PM
    • Reply to dispute with council over council tax
      KTC
      Then note that in your appeal. They accepted the earlier declaration, so as far as you were concerned documentary evidence of the tenant's occupation was no longer needed to be kept and hence it was destroyed accordingly. They can't go back on their acceptance unless there's evidence you lied. The tenant's...
      17-06-2019, 18:20 PM
    • Tenants splitting up. Guidance please!
      ericawhiteroom
      Hi all,

I have a couple who are splitting up. The situation is amicable and the partner who is leaving is prepared to sign something.

Could anyone guide me in the direction of what he needs to sign. Does anyone have the proper forms needed to sort out deposit shared and what...
      04-06-2019, 09:15 AM
    • Reply to Tenants splitting up. Guidance please!
      ericawhiteroom
      Hiya,

Thanks so much for the info jpkeates - really appreciate it.

The deed of surrender looks great. The tenancy agreement is about 53 pages long, is that normal? That is going to take about half of my ink cartridge out lol

Do you know if there is anything ...
      17-06-2019, 18:18 PM
    • Reply to Company lets
      leaseholder64
      Companies that are not in the property business generally lease their properties. Similarly with cars....
      17-06-2019, 18:16 PM
    • Reply to Suicide of tenant
      nukecad
      Sorry if this sounds callous.

But I have cleared up after more than one suicide.
      (I'm not a landlord, but life is life - or not).

After a 'few days' there should not have been much decomposition. A few weeks would be different.

Voiding of bowels is to be...
      17-06-2019, 18:10 PM
    Working...
    X