X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• philip cooper
    started a topic Mice problem

Mice problem

I own a new build property which is a semi. There is 3 other houses attached to it. So 4 in a row. All properties have a back garden. At the back of the back garden is a woodland area owned by the council. For years the four properties have got mice. They have been baited up numerous times on many occasions. Even all at same time. The lofts are joined in the properties .

I found out where the mice was getting in on the properties. Their are 3 vents on the semis on each end and 2 vents on the terraced . I mouse proofed my vents as they could run right in and I also sealed around my soffit where the wall meets as the builders had not sealed them on the build.

I even got the woodland area at back cut down with council which took hard work.

I have informed the landlord who I know who owns the other properties that he needs to do his vents and seal gutters as they will keep getting in his loft then into my loft . I even offered to do it once for free and he said its ok he will get his maintenance man to do it. This never happened and he keep letting his properties out with mice.

Is their anything I can do to get him to seal up as this has been going on for 5 years ?

Thanks

• DPT57
    replied
    Try getting his tenants to put pressure on him, perhaps by reporting it to environmental health.

Leave a comment:

Latest Activity

Collapse

• AST Additions
    duckandcover1
    Hello, first post here so hopefully I don't fall foul of anything. found this site from a post on Moneysavingexpert by a longstanding member

A bit about me, I have three properties, one is mine, one members of my family live in and the third will be rented out

I've joined the...
    26-08-2018, 09:37 AM
  • Reply to AST Additions
    jpucng62
    Does insisting carpets are cleaned at the end of the tenancy not now fall foul of the new Tenant Fees Bill?
    24-04-2019, 12:00 PM
  • Zero Deposit scheme
    tatemono
    Anyone out there, T or LL, ever used this

https://www.zerodeposit.com

We have an agent who offers this asking if we want to market our property with this. My initial thought was that it would simply attract people who can't even save enough to let a property... not the kind...
    23-04-2019, 15:35 PM
  • Reply to Zero Deposit scheme
    jpucng62
    I think there are 2 problems with the zero deposit scheme:

1. You get a tenant who's finances are close to the bone & may fall into difficulty
    2. It is expensive for tenants - it looks like a good deal, but inevitably when you put a layer of profit into any arrangement the cost...
    24-04-2019, 11:57 AM
  • Renting out a flat for part of the year - realistic?
    AndyForest
    I'm curious as to how viable or not my idea is. I would like to rent out a flat for part of the year and return to reside in it when it is not occupied.

My job occupation is very flexible, the ideal scenario would be, rent to a student for 9/10 months of the year. My understanding is that...
    23-04-2019, 15:34 PM
  • Reply to Renting out a flat for part of the year - realistic?
    jpucng62
    If you look on Spareroom.com you may find someone who wants a short term let - students on placements or one year course, temporary work contract for example. I have rented a room in my student house to a different student for 4 months whilst the original student is studying abroad.

Of...
    24-04-2019, 11:54 AM
  • AST - Query re; periodic tenancy
    jwrossi
    Hi Guys,

In my rush to find a place to live following my move from Australia, I signed off to the following clause in my AST agreement and wanted to know if I had a leg to stand on in possibly avoiding the £100 fee;

"It is agreed that if notice from either party is not...
    24-04-2019, 11:08 AM
  • Reply to AST - Query re; periodic tenancy
    jwrossi
    Apologies, should have been clearer - wanted to see if I could avoid the £100, given I do want to take on the periodic tenancy....
    24-04-2019, 11:51 AM
  • Please give me some advice if you know...
    year1970
    I bought a property few years ago and the previous landlord let out the first floor flat since 1985 (this is a sitting tenant), the flat is contained within the building the landlord partitioned one end of the property to allow the tenant to have private separate access from the front door to his first...
    06-03-2019, 15:07 PM
  • Reply to Please give me some advice if you know...
    year1970
    Hi jpkeates, believe me or not old classic car you do not have to do MOT, it is the owner responsibilities, I have a 40 years old car and I do not pay a single penny for MOT. Another example, every year we do gas checks and most times it passed no problem but 2 years a a different inspector failed me...
    24-04-2019, 11:40 AM
Working...
X