Mice problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mice problem

I own a new build property which is a semi. There is 3 other houses attached to it. So 4 in a row. All properties have a back garden. At the back of the back garden is a woodland area owned by the council. For years the four properties have got mice. They have been baited up numerous times on many occasions. Even all at same time. The lofts are joined in the properties .

I found out where the mice was getting in on the properties. Their are 3 vents on the semis on each end and 2 vents on the terraced . I mouse proofed my vents as they could run right in and I also sealed around my soffit where the wall meets as the builders had not sealed them on the build.

I even got the woodland area at back cut down with council which took hard work.

I have informed the landlord who I know who owns the other properties that he needs to do his vents and seal gutters as they will keep getting in his loft then into my loft . I even offered to do it once for free and he said its ok he will get his maintenance man to do it. This never happened and he keep letting his properties out with mice.

Is their anything I can do to get him to seal up as this has been going on for 5 years ?

Thanks

Try getting his tenants to put pressure on him, perhaps by reporting it to environmental health.

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Grade 2 listed - requirement for an EPC
      HantsAgent
      I have a potential client who wants me to rent his Grade 2 listed barn conversion. It's a lovely property and he currently has it on the market for sale with another agent.

They currently have an EPC for it (even though I don't think they needed one) and it's score is F.

After...
      02-05-2019, 20:00 PM
    • Reply to Grade 2 listed - requirement for an EPC
      AndrewDod
      I wonder how many perfectly good buildings (and cars, and fridges, and light fittings) have been scrapped or destroyed as a result of these environmental evangelists. I suspect they are responsible for a great deal of environmental destruction (both planetary destruction and destruction of our infrastructure)....
      19-07-2019, 22:39 PM
    • HMO trouble!
      Jamesp1986
      Hi everyone,

I've been renting a property out to a family and one of their friends for the last 2 years. The council have just told me that I should have applied for an HMO licence for the property as it now fits under new HMO rules. The problem is, that I remortgaged the property as a...
      19-07-2019, 18:43 PM
    • Reply to HMO trouble!
      AndrewDod
      a) Inform the mortgage company "I have been inadvertently fallen within a potential category of HMO through no wish of my own. My understanding is that it remains a single-let tenancy as there is only one AST and one single joint tenant. I am taking steps to evict the tenants as soon as possible....
      19-07-2019, 22:24 PM
    • Reply to HMO trouble!
      KTC
      Single-let doesn't necessarily mean a single family, and HMO doesn't necessarily mean multiple tenancies. It's perfectly possible to be both single-let and HMO.

What's the definition of single-let in your mortgage? If it just mean a single tenancy, is that what you have? If not, then you...
      19-07-2019, 21:36 PM
    • S21 confusion documents not issued prior
      blinko
      Guys I have a question .

I issued a tenancy in april 2016 the tenancy agreement was signed. I gave keys to the tenancy 1st march 2016 and protected the deposit and gave him relevant paperwork BUT I didnt get any proof I issued the paperwork.

So 20th april i re did everything...
      19-07-2019, 11:11 AM
    • Reply to S21 confusion documents not issued prior
      blinko
      Of course but the challenge is not that the safety is is not being observed because for example consider the gas equipment to be faulty in the property blows up house burnt down everybody loses so so for me I would like to think that this is common sense.

requesting here appears to be and...
      19-07-2019, 21:11 PM
      KTC
      I have to respond to this.

Whether you are pro-landlord or pro-tenant, the safety of the occupiers are a hell of a lot more important than the ability of a landlord to evict a tenant without grounds....
      19-07-2019, 20:48 PM
    • Reply to HMO trouble!
      alex1
      The general rules for HMOs in England and Wales are described at https://www.gov.uk/house-in-multiple-occupation-licence:

[/LIST]So assuming that the friend of the family counts as a separate household, if there’s five or more people in the property, you probably need a licence. If there’s...
      19-07-2019, 20:43 PM
      blinko
      Thanks for your thoughts guy is so yeah this is correct that for sure I am not able to prove that I served the correct documents prior to the tenant moving in and I have served them on three other occasions since as we have renewed the ast everything has been renewed including the positive being we...
      19-07-2019, 20:30 PM
    Working...
    X