Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• theartfullodger
    replied
    Appearances can be deceptive: I had a tenant who'd always paid regularly in full, told me she was declaring bankrupt (trying to force ex- to sell marital home, dunno if that worked).

Never missed a payment, I'd happily rent to her again.

Leave a comment:

• sunnyp
    replied
    They have a CCJ for a reason, They don't pay! If you give them a tenancy despite the CCJ it defeats the point!

Leave a comment:

• sam_cat
    replied
    Better/cheaper that it sits empty for a while than having problem tenants in it....

Leave a comment:

• Jennie30
    replied
    I took on tenants with CCJ’s granted not so many in a short space of time and they had a guarantor, there has been no issue with payments and rent has also been paid on time, however, the tenants in mine like to complain a lot! Even about stuff that is not even broken. I have ended up spending a fortune in order to keep them happy! In hindsight I really should
    have waited until more applicants came in and not been so hasty to pick them, but you live and learn! I would advise listen to the above advice, I would say that many CCJs in such a short period of time is a red flag too. Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• banner257
    replied
    I would not touch them with a barge pole. Act in hast and you will regret it.

Leave a comment:

• Claymore
    replied
    Originally posted by topshelf View Post
    They made there bed, so let them lay in it ! but not in your house / flat !!!
    Unless they are the tenants I'm in the process of evicting steer clear!

In fact, even if they are the tenants I'm evicting - stay well clear.

Leave a comment:

• topshelf
    replied
    They made there bed, so let them lay in it ! but not in your house / flat !!!

Leave a comment:

• Hillsy101
    replied
    Avoid like the plague.

Leave a comment:

• mariner
    replied
    Join the NLA/RLA & complete their FREE Distance Learning Modules for LLs etc. Membership fees are tax deductible.

Leave a comment:

• Terryandadele
    replied
    Thanks everyone, good advice!

Leave a comment:

• KTC
    replied
    If you have to ask......

Leave a comment:

• jpkeates
    replied
    Steer clear.

It's possible to get a ccj and not know about it (or because you disputed something and lost).
    But three is deeply concerning.

Leave a comment:

• Wannadonnadoodah
    replied
    You want to mitigate as much risk as possible............next.

Leave a comment:

• Terryandadele
    started a topic Prospective new Tenant has CCJ's

Prospective new Tenant has CCJ's

Hi everyone, I'm new to being a landlord and a prospective tenants referencing has come back with 3 CCJ's - all last year.... Obviously a high risk... but wondering if others have taken the risk and it's worked out? Or would you steer completely clear??

Thanks in advance!

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X