Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stef Cooke
    replied
    Random junk shouldn't be included, I wouldn't bother with fishing wire, etc. I'd also have noted it as 'T wishes misc. items to be removed' in the check in. Make sure you mark each daft item on the inventory, for future reference.

Part pots of paint I usually advise retaining, just to show willing, some LLs get very attached to them for some reason. They assume that a T will use them, then get upset when they are used to patch paint small areas!

If I were you I would take clear pictures, bag it all up and tell the LL/LA that you will bin all the rubbish left in the property in 7 days time. See what they say (could be amusing).

Leave a comment:

• ram
    replied
    You have exclusive rights to the property.

I would add that you do not want to store, in your exclusive premises, exclusive to you; items from the landlord nor a previous tenant, and that the items are pure junk.

I have six cans of paint ( undercoat, top white coat, masonry ) but are in the garage taking up half a shelf of 3, so it is no trouble to me, but what you describe is pure junk.

Leave a comment:

• banner257
    replied
    As Hillsy101 says take photographs, and make sure you have a date stamp on the photograph.

Leave a comment:

• theartfullodger
    replied
    It's possibly listed as the inventory clerk gets paid extra for extra items.

I'd ask landlord/agent to remove the junk: You don't want to have to sort it, do you?

Leave a comment:

• Hillsy101
    replied
    Take photos of the items and write to landlord as to whether you can bin them. Keep the response. If the LL agrees then trash it otherwise bag it somewhere out of the way.

Leave a comment:

• DPT57
    replied
    No, its not common. You might want to ask the landlord (in writing) whether this stuff can be removed/dumped. The landlord may well have used an inventory clerk who didn't check with him whether this stuff was supposed to be part of the supplied items.

Leave a comment:

• Afireinside
    started a topic Random junk on inventory?

Random junk on inventory?

I have just signed the lease for a flat and am in the process of carefully going through the inventory, making sure there’s nothing missed and after reaching the cupboards it seems like there’s a lot of absolute junk listed here, things like fishing wire, badly broken and rusted clothes drying rack, used tins of paint and a box of old random bits like old toothbrush, toilet brush head, etc. I have no idea why all this stuff is listed in an inventory when it’s disgusting and unusable and would be considered trash by most. Am I expected to put up with this stuff and keep it there til the end of tenency? Is this common for landlords to leave junk and actually list it in the inventory?

Latest Activity

Collapse

Working...
X