NLA tenancy agreement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jpkeates View Post
    No, we assumed - correctly - that you were asking someone else to break the law.
    An unhelpful response! Thanks anyway!

Comment

KTC,

If you see the wording that was used you will see clearly that it was not nicely stated. This forum is meant to help people not put them down.
      But I guess very easy to put someone down behind a laptop ....

As I said I have received help from PMs from people that were nice enough to help out and they didn't break any law either.

Comment

Originally posted by kesm View Post
        If you see the wording that was used you will see clearly that it was not nicely stated. This forum is meant to help people not put them down.
        And the respondents in this thread has between them provide help in thousands of different threads over many years, including in your other threads. The problem they and I have is that this thread of yours started with and only with a request for another member to send you a copy of the NLA's tenancy agreement. That is copyrighted, with various terms attached for use by NLA members which they would have had to agreed to. Unless the member have gotten permission from the copyright holder to provide you with that agreement, they would clearly be in violation of copyright laws. There's also the issue of those who is a member can only get whatever benefit they have from being a member including access to such documents because they helped fund the organisation by paying their membership, why should a non-member benefit. There's plenty of other sample tenancy agreement provided for free legally by those willing to do so such as on gov.uk as has already been pointed out. If you had specific question about a specific clause as you later suggested, you could had simply asked about that, instead of asking for the whole document.

As I said I have received help from PMs from people that were nice enough to help out and they didn't break any law either.
        If you have received the help you need, great. I'll take your word for the second part, which by the way is indicative of the problem of requesting and providing help over PM. Forums only work if it's publicly active, and it also works by others seeing similiar questions to theirs from the past and learning from it. If those questions and answers are provided in private, then the forum might as well not exist.
        I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.

Comment

In all honesty people could have been a lot nicer to start with, when I first posted this thread. If they were, this virtual back and forth would not have happened.

The forum indeed is meant to help and not always assume the worst and judge people badly.

Anyway, have a good day.

Comment

Hello,

Does anyone have a National Landlord's Association Tenancy agreement that they can send me please?

Thank you.
            Google "nla tenancy agreement".

Or join for free as an associate member using less time than you have already spent posting on here;

https://www.landlords.org.uk/membership/library-user

Comment

Latest Activity

Collapse

• Reply to Renting rooms
              by Luke
              I do intend staying in the property permeantely though , although I may have to stay elsewhere sometimes...
              05-07-2022, 21:42 PM
            • Renting rooms
              by Luke
              I have a three bedroom property in the U.K which I will rent out .
              I have had an enquiry from a couple and a friend
              I do not intend to live at the property
              Would it be possible just to rent two rooms to them , on the understanding they have full access to the property ?
              As its...
              28-01-2022, 06:09 AM
            • Reply to Licensing inspection
              by royw
              Sounds like the power has gone to their heads Can't you, or rather the tenants, have some fun? Well placed boobie traps or a fierce dog perhaps?
              05-07-2022, 21:42 PM
            • Licensing inspection
              by Section20z
              Just had letter from London Borough of ****** saying they will be inspecting my house at some time in the next 28 days to ensure licence compliance. No further notice will be given and tenants are expected to grant access to all areas, windows to be left open for air supply, and doors all left open...
              05-07-2022, 13:57 PM
            • Reply to Renting rooms
              by ash72
              You would be creating an issue for yourself, you want to be able to evict a T (for whatever reason) which do not have the same rights as a T on an AST, the problem would be that you would have 2 T's who would have evidence etc, that you never lived there while they lived there...... When someone is...
              05-07-2022, 21:23 PM
            • Reply to Am I obliged to....
              by Sydaton
              It crosses my mind that if you install something that doesn't comply with regulations - eg a rope flush against the wall - then you might be more likely to be opening yourself up to a claim than if you'd left the stairs as they were when you bought the house....
              05-07-2022, 20:22 PM
            • Am I obliged to....
              by mpppen
              Morning.

A tenant living in a property for the last three years has emailed saying there's no handrail on the stairs and they this is is dangerous. They also say there is a large step down to the shed.

Am I obliged to provide one? The stairs themselves are quite narrow and...
              30-06-2022, 08:47 AM
            • Reply to Renting rooms
              by Luke
              If I decided to keep one room for myself as my man and only residence and just rented the bedrooms out on a bedroon only basis , would I be able to do that ?
              I have checked my boroughs HMO rules and they only apply if there are at least five people from two different families living at the...
              05-07-2022, 20:21 PM
            • Reply to Licensing inspection
              by Section20z
              When you assume, you make an ass out of u and me .

My tenants have been there eight years and are as pissed off with the new licensing regime as I am. It's a routine inspection, all the boroughs do it but it's the demanding entitled attitude that annoys more.
              The council don't need...
              05-07-2022, 19:59 PM
            • Reply to Inform tenant of rent increase
              by Hudson01
              I had a chat with my tenants and they all agreed to the rise (it was not too much), i backed it up with an email and that was it, the DD was amended and off we go..... easy enough, if you have normal tenants who listen to common sense, if not.........
              05-07-2022, 19:55 PM
            Working...
            X