Section 21 or FORM 6A

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Section 21 or FORM 6A

    Hello everyone...

    Unfortunately things have broken down with my joint T's, whose husband has gone walkabout. She is unable to afford to move on her own and as such has asked me to enforce the notice I have previously served in the hope that the council will help rehome her and her 3 children. All sorts of wrong with this situation I know but nonetheless it leaves me in the unenviable position of recovering my property.

    The property and Tenancy is in England. It was an initial 6 month AST that initiated on 4/12/2015. I served a section 21 notice 4 months into the AST that gave notice to the end of the initial 6 months term.
    Bond protected and certificate & prescribed information issued to T's
    How To Rent provided to T's
    An up to date EPC provided to T's
    An up to date gas cert provided to T's
    A check list of all the above detailed and signed by both me and both T's

    Is the initial section 21 still valid and can I apply to court using this? Or would I be better using form 6A? A lady at the local housing authority (Preston City Council) recently informed me (within the last 6 months) that section 21's are no longer accepted and that form 6A is the route that must be taken? Was she talking codswallop or is this information correct? This was however, in relation to another matter all together.

    Any help greatly received and appreciated.

    Thank you

    If by 4/12/15 you mean 4th December 2015, I believe the s21 only lasts 6 months.


      thanks JK0. So reissue a section 21 or form 6A? Am I correct in thinking form 6A is simply and updated section 21?


        Must be 6a
        I am legally unqualified: If you need to rely on advice check it with a suitable authority - eg a solicitor specialising in landlord/tenant law...


          S21 notices must now be issued on form 6a for tenancies beginning after 1.10.15


            I really wish people, especially supposed advisor stop getting it so confused.

            A notice using Form 6A IS a s21 notice. It's just that whereas previously there were no prescribed form to use to serve a section 21 notice, there is now with Form 6A.
            I am not a lawyer, nor am I licensed to provide any regulated advice. None of my posts should be treated as legal or financial advice.

            I do not answer questions through private messages which should be posted publicly on the forum.


            Latest Activity